Mouse right click not working since OS upgrade

BristolMac

6 posts in this topic

Hi, could do with a little advice as i've recently upgraded from 10.2.8 to 10.4.8 and have noticed some issues with my right mouse button not working as normal. Before I could right click the desktop and view a mini menu or more importantly I could right click an application folder and view it's contents. But since the upgrade when I now right click it will either bring up the last used application from the dock or the screen will go blank and the finder window will dissapeer. I'm puzzled by this and so any advice would be helpful.

Many thanks

p.s. this is my first post so please be nice:)

...but having said all this, the right click feature does work within an application such as photoshop as normal. It just appears to be within OSX itself - desktop, finder and folders etc... though if I right click on an icon it does show a small menu - 'remove from dock, open at login, show in finder, open' (can't remember if this is as normal)

any ideas?

Sounds like a huge prob my freind. first go to your mouse. and get latest drivers.

But i would prolly go with a full clean restore. Upgrades always or most of the time appear to have bugs and hardware mixups in drivers.

-MacX