1440 x 900 resolution

perfect0

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have success with adjusting resolution to 1440 x 900? I have an Inspiron 9200 with an ATI Radeon Mobility 9700, the current driver is ok (shows both QI and CE), but I cannot get the resolution to change to the desired resolution that I want. Also, has anyone resolved the presence of artifacts at times when the mouse is moved?

I followed the Callisto instructions. At reboot I was glad to see that Callisto was loading, although I got a black screen at the end. Looking at the Troubleshooting page in Callisto zip file, the black screen seems to be that the mode is out of range for my laptop screen although the resolution mentioned while booting was correct (1440x900) but I did notice that the the frequency was 90, I think a frequency that indeed my laptop screen maybe cannot accommodate. Now that I have a black screen I have no idea how to get into OSx86 again since an -x boot ends up the same way as a normal boot: a black screen. Help!

I have an Ati Sapphire X800GTO² using Callisto b006 and Koverg patch.

And I got my screen set to 1440x900 @60hz perfectly.

As you said your frequency was 90hz, I think your monitor doesn't support frequency that high.(IMHO it isn't really needed if you have an tft)

I would just reinstall OSX and then set your screen to 1440x900@60