Confused about ALC269 configuration on El Capitan

pmdcoleslaw

27 posts in this topic

Have you installed HDAEnabler3?

Hdaenabler is an alternative method to DSDT patching, when working together with a fully patched AppleHDA.kext

Equal to this method, with the help of aDummyHDA.kext, and modified config.plist, Clover can patch native untouched AppleHDA.kext on-the-fly.

So these two methods are achieving the same goal. I tested both. They all return the same result, which makes the speaker and mic recognized under HDMI section.

What I did made it work eventually is, chose ALC269 VB v2 under AppleHDA Patcher and re-generate a aDummyHDA.kext and install this again. After reboot, I finally got sound.

So technically, under Ubuntu live USB, the codec dump gave me a WRONG result!!! It is NOT a ALC271x. I don't understand how it lies.

So, share it here, anyone else have a similar problem, think abt change the codec base under patcher cuz codec-dump is not as accurate as u thought!

On the other hand, I got a full report with AIDA64 under Win a while ago before I did hackintosh on this laptop. The report says that is a ALC269 bla...bla....[b-2]. So this is why I guess [b-2] means VERSION B, VERSION 2.

• Like 1