OSX stopped booting for some reason

Once!

2 posts in this topic

Hello!

I actually don't know where to post this...

I run an intel-powered multiboot system (one HDD is Mavericks 10.9.2, the other one is Windows 7). HDD with OSX was the primary one to boot, all was fine for half a year, but today I was rebooting from Win to OSX and somewhy it was Win booting again (despite OSX HDD priority).

I rebooted again and got the "The data in EC or EC flash might be corrupted" error.

Extracted the battery of the motherboard for 5 minutes, the error's gone, but OSX just won't start - stuck on flashing "_".

If I disconnect the Win HDD, the system gives me "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Instert Boot Media..." etc.

Windows boots just fine for some reason.

What could be the problem and how to fix it?

Main components of the system:

intel i5-2500 3.30ghz

Asus P8Z68-V LX

AMD Radeon HD 6800

Don't know how to delete the topic and if I need to at all. Maybe it would be useful to someone, maybe not.

SOLVED! icon_e_biggrin.gif

- created a bootable usb-stick using Mavericks ##### (yeah yeah those guys) from my another mac
- booted up from the stick choosing to boot from my HDD which contained installed OS X
- found a problem with "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!"
- booted up in safe mode with -x, added dart=0 to the chameleon's kext in /Extra

This fixed the problem. I guess, something went wrong after resetting the BIOS (VT-X appears disabled there).

Solution was inspired by themacmeister from reddit

Edited by Once!

• 1 month later...

It would be worth a try to reinstall your boot loader (mine is chameleon ) and see if you get anywhere with that. Not sure how you do that without a working OSX , if you still have your installer disk/usb you may be able to boot from it to osx then reinstall the loader, or make a new loader on usb from windows... seek tutorials for that. i am not the expert, but hope that helps if you are still at it (or maybe helps someone else)