OS X 10.11 question about rootless=0

angelol

4 posts in this topic

Hello my name is Aggelos and i have a question about, you guessed it :P, rootless=0 boot argument.

I've installed on El Capitan on my desktop (you can check it on my signature) and I got confused reading about the new boot arguments El Capitan needs to in order to boot successfully. I mean kext-dev-mode=1 , the one Yosemite needed to boot.

My question is: Do I need it to boot my computer now that FakeSMC is already in the cache?

Hi,

These boot flags are obsolete. I use clover myself, and you need to set CSRActiveConfig to a value when kexts need to be loaded/injected. 

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x67</string>
		<key>ROM</key>
		<string>UseMacAddr1</string>
	</dict>

0x67 Disables al protection. To just enable unsigned kext loading, 0x03 will be enough (same as kext-dev-mode=1)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. 

you don't need this boot flag anymore, there are others boot flags now like slide=0, for me for boot on El Capitan the only boot flag i have is slide=10.

I was using slide=0 although I didn't know I didn't need it. I now boot completely without any arguments.

Hi,

These boot flags are obsolete. I use clover myself, and you need to set CSRActiveConfig to a value when kexts need to be loaded/injected. 

<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
		<string>0x67</string>
		<key>ROM</key>
		<string>UseMacAddr1</string>
	</dict>

0x67 Disables al protection. To just enable unsigned kext loading, 0x03 will be enough (same as kext-dev-mode=1)

Thanks for the info mate. The reason I've created this topic is exactly because I didn't know rootless=0 was obsolete.