USB2.0 and sleep capability. Any solution for 10.10?

ArgenLant

10 posts in this topic

I have AMD-hack (see in my signature) and getting in boot log messages like this

07/11/15 10:10:14,000 kernel[0]: USBF:    0.997    AppleUSBEHCI::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

System Profiler in USB section tells me USB is in Expansion Slot.

So I cannot use sleep on this hackintosh.

When I try inject clock-id with clover, I have USB marked as built-in, but mouse and keyboard does not work (I can only connect to my hack via TeamViewer or VNC to test sleep and get information)

As I understand, I can use old IOUSBFamily.kext for 10.8.5 system, with forced sleep capability. But it seems to me not good solution. And that driver conflicts with GenericUSBxHCI.kext, so I can't use USB3.0 ports on my mobo.

Is there any other way to force sleep capability for USB2.0 in 10.10.5 system?

It is better if solution will be compatible with clover bootloader (I'm using v3270 now).

Hi, 

Is this the hack in your signature? 

Any DSDT/SSDT present? 

Yes, AMD hack from signature: GA-970A-UD3P mobo with SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB controllers

I have no skills for making SSDT and use Clover to autopatch DSDT on the fly during boot.

I tried to fix it with manual DSDT fixing with no difference in USB.

Any tricks from clover (inject properties or strings for USB) was ineffective.

• 8 months later...

USB 2.0 working now for me , and USB 3.0 work too, but you need there are no devices inserted in usb 3.0 after wake up, to be it work. I use always hibernate + clover latest + EMUvariableUEFI + XHCI driver usb 3.0

USB 2.0 working now for me , and USB 3.0 work too, but you need there are no devices inserted in usb 3.0 after wake up, to be it work. I use always hibernate + clover latest + EMUvariableUEFI + XHCI driver usb 3.0

looks interesting for me

can you show your config.plist?