Photoshop problems

maniac19

9 posts in this topic

I experince problem runnging Photoshop CS on my MacOS 10.4.5 hackintosh.

After installation, which runs smoothly, Photoshop shows splash screen with "initializing" on it for a few seconds then quits showing a message "Could not complete your request .....".

The thing is that I used to run Photoshop on exactly same configuration installed from exactly the same installer. And everyting was OK.

Does anybody had such an issue?

Thanks.

Now here's what I would do:

1) make a sys backup (lots of tuts here)

2) install the 10.4.8 combo update (either from JaS or from Kiko)

see if everything is OK. If not switch back to 10.4.5 and apply the 10.4.6 update ect ..

I kind of having problems installing updates because after installation I have "Still waiting for the root device" and MacOS does not boot. I think I should get DVD image with full OSX 10.4.6.

But anyway previously it worked with this installation. I just had to reinstall 10.4.5 back because of update problems.

I used to have a B*tch of a time getting Photoshop CS2 to work in Hackent0sh.

The problem is in how you Format your HDD.

Sadly you can choise HFS+ Journaled (Case Sensitve), as that will mess up the Photoshop Install.

I'm not sure where or how. but, I do know that Photoshop will install just fine under a normal HFS+ Journaled Partition.

Now if I could only get my Canon 630U Scanner to work under Mac OSX 10.4.x...

Sadly you can choise HFS+ Journaled (Case Sensitve), as that will mess up the Photoshop Install.

Thanks a lot. That was a reason. I reformated partition without Case-Sensitivity, reinstalled MacOs and Photoshop and now it runs smoothly again.

For all ti's worth: Installing Adobe Creative suite worked fine but PS CS2 runs slower than under Windows..?

Another strange thing: When saving a PSD file for the web the colors of the resulting jpeg arn't as bright as on the original PSD file and look sort fo washed out..

Before you "save for the web" ensure that your image is in sRGB color space. When the "save for the web" window comes up, click "ICC profile" active.

Another strange thing: When saving a PSD file for the web the colors of the resulting jpeg arn't as bright as on the original PSD file and look sort fo washed out..