OS X El Capitan - Successful Install on X99A SLI PLUS i7 5820K Haswell-E

3 posts in this topic

UPDATE: Managed to make Apple Store work for the first time ever! I installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext first so it can be assigned to "en0", then I installed my USB WIFI dongle(Brand: Netis. Chipset: Realtek RTL8192CU8).
Tried to patch AppleHDA.kext for my ALC892. I can see 4 outputs and 2 input. Only one input works. Everything else doesn't work. I'm still working on it. 

Hello, everyone!

For those who were having problems installing OS X El Capitan on X99A SLI Plus with Core i7 5820K Haswell-E, here's how I fixed it: 
First of all, I used the RAW USB image from this link: (thepiratebay is down at the moment, just go to thepiratebay.com and it will redirect to the current domain they're using, then type 'el capitan intel pcs' and download the most seeded file you find at the top of the results.) 
The thing about this image is that it can be installed via Windows using Win32 Disk Imager, for those who want to install OS X for the first time or their OS X got damaged and it cannot be recovered. 
I used a version of FakeSMC.kext(see attachments) I found by chance, and I replaced the other FakeSMC.kext stored in the USB EFI partition via Windows. (EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11/)
In addition to that, I removed Voodoo PS2 controller kext--just to be safe--because I've been having KPs because of it since 2009 on OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. 

For boot args, I used: -v npci=0x2000
I also enabled Haswell-E patch. 
If I don't replace FakeSMC.kext with the one attached, I get a KP concerning CPUSensors.kext plugin which can be found inside FakeSMC.kext. 

I hope this helps.

(Posting this from OS X El Capitan)

FakeSMC.kext.zip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, is it pretty stable so far?  

I have a 5820k with a Gigabyte X99 UD3 motherboard and a GTX 780

I am worried it won't be stable as Yosemite 10.5 

• 1 year later...

UPDATE: Managed to make Apple Store work for the first time ever! I installed IntelMausiEthernet.kext first so it can be assigned to "en0", then I installed my USB WIFI dongle(Brand: Netis. Chipset: Realtek RTL8192CU8).

Tried to patch AppleHDA.kext for my ALC892. I can see 4 outputs and 2 input. Only one input works. Everything else doesn't work. I'm still working on it. 

Hello, everyone!

For those who were having problems installing OS X El Capitan on X99A SLI Plus with Core i7 5820K Haswell-E, here's how I fixed it: 

First of all, I used the RAW USB image from this link: (thepiratebay is down at the moment, just go to thepiratebay.com and it will redirect to the current domain they're using, then type 'el capitan intel pcs' and download the most seeded file you find at the top of the results.) 

The thing about this image is that it can be installed via Windows using Win32 Disk Imager, for those who want to install OS X for the first time or their OS X got damaged and it cannot be recovered. 

I used a version of FakeSMC.kext(see attachments) I found by chance, and I replaced the other FakeSMC.kext stored in the USB EFI partition via Windows. (EFI/CLOVER/Kexts/10.11/)

In addition to that, I removed Voodoo PS2 controller kext--just to be safe--because I've been having KPs because of it since 2009 on OS X Tiger, Leopard and Snow Leopard. 

For boot args, I used: -v npci=0x2000

I also enabled Haswell-E patch. 

If I don't replace FakeSMC.kext with the one attached, I get a KP concerning CPUSensors.kext plugin which can be found inside FakeSMC.kext. 

I hope this helps.

(Posting this from OS X El Capitan)

PLZ SEND ME FULL GUIDE IM TRY BUT CANT INSTALL MY MSI X99A SLI PLUS