System config file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found

fatboysmith

6 posts in this topic

On my Thinkpad R51, I installed using the 10.4.7 Jas patched DVD, with the following procedure;

- Used Disk Utility to erase existing partition and create Mac Extended Journalizing filesystem

- Selected Jas updates/patches and selected Intel, SSE2 and wireless

Install completed with no problems and rebooted automatically following procedure.

Upon reboot, If I boot with the DVD and don't press anything allowing it to boot the first hard disk,

I get the System config file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found error message. If I eject the DVD and boot directly to the hard drive I get flashing cursor in upper left hand corner. I have not figured out how to pass kernel command line options when booting from the hard disk on an X86 with MacOS (anyone know?)

I used the Deadmoo image dd'd using knoppix cd and it booted great and everything worked fine except wireless (Broadcom 4306), so I know this sucker will boot and run MacOS.

FatBoy

Ok, another thing I've noticed... After performing the successful OSX install, I don't have a active partition. I tried CFDISK to set partition active, but got failure message about disk partitioning. Also I should have stated before, but I am booting OSX as the only OS on this machine, no dual boot stuff, I have multiple hard drives with drive trays for this laptop. I used GDISK utility to set partition active, but still no dice, just blinking cursor.....

FatBoy

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem with my old installer cd. It was "MacOS.X.10.4.8.AMD.SSE3.TEST1" (or something like that :) ). No matter what I did, the error won't dissappear. Partition was active, even zero'ed. After installing the new JAS-Release, with Disk Utility-Patch, it was all gone. It works much better than the amd.test1 disc.

Drivers for ati and nforc4-network included. :unsure:

Edited by fragreaver

I'm having troubles as well. I found that pounding random buttons during boot-up gets rid of the System config file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found error message from time to time. But now, after a successful install, I still can't the the OS to load. I just get a blinking cursor like fatboysmith.