JaS 10.4.7 Post Install Stuff

ptesone

6 posts in this topic

First of all, I had to install this on a friends intel using the JaS DVD 10.4.7 and applying the AMD patches before putting it into my machine, the reason for this was 'cos when I booted from my machine I got the infamous: "Waitng For Root Device" screen of no return.

EDIT: I can now install on my own machine using DVD on same IDE BUS as HD as SLAVE!!! (duh)

EDIT EDIT: I used another post to help me with my UDMA & 2nd IDE BuS Here

-No cdrom/DVD (using a Sony DVD burner) . . .FIXED! had to put on same IDE bus as HD as slave

-Vesa Video only (using Nvidia GeForce 3 ti500) (I get a Can't Resolve Dependencies for Kernel Extensions error on a -v boot) . . .FIXED! Installed MacVidia 1.0.8 Driver from Here (must be registered first)

-can't install .pkg files (seperate post for this) . . .FIXED! Here

-no about this mac feature (resets desktop) . . .FIXED! By installing JaS 10.4.8 AMD SSE2 Only Combo Update (torrent search)

got sound driver to work, (thanx to SaxMachine) had to plug speakers in Line-In (blue) jack to work! . . .FIXED! Driver for SiS 7012 and this Guide

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thx

edit:

wherever it says FIXED!

First of all, I had to install this on a friends intel using the JaS DVD 10.4.7 and applying the AMD patches before putting it into my machine, the reason for this was 'cos when I booted from my machine I got the infamous: "Waitng For Root Device" screen of no return

-No cdrom/DVD (using a Sony DVD burner) . . .FIXED! had to put on same IDE bus as HD as slave

-Vesa Video only (using Nvidia GeForce 3 ti500) (I get a Can't Resolve Dependencies for Kernel Extensions error on a -v boot) . . .FIXED!

-can't install .pkg files (seperate post for this) . . .FIXED!

-no about this mac feature (resets desktop) . . .FIXED!

got sound driver to work, (thanx to SaxMachine) had to plug speakers in Line-In (blue) jack to work! . . .FIXED!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thx

edit:

wherever it says FIXED!

It is nice to see someone use the forum and search for the fixes.

Good job,

JaS