Coool

C60x (Patsburg) Chipset x-Port SATA Storage Control Unit (SCU) Support

1 post in this topic

Does anybody know if it possible to get work C602 chipset 4-Port SATA Storage Control Unit (8086:1D6B) Device on Yosemite?

AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext (AHCI Device Injection) didn't work.

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By vin047
      I have a Kingston HyperX Predator PCIE-SSD (model: SHPM2280P2H) matched with an X58 motherboard (legacy bios). The card has a Marvell 88SS9293 controller with an Option ROM which allows it to be detected on my motherboard as a bootable drive - listed as "IDE: Kingston SHPM". As my BIOS is non-UEFI, I assume the Option ROM presents it in IDE mode instead of AHCI.

I use Clover legacy with BiosBlockIO to get around this, and it works well - Clover detects my drive and allows me to install macOS onto it and use it as a boot drive. macOS detects the drive correctly as a SATA AHCI drive. I guess Clover correctly detects (configures?) the Option ROM into AHCI mode and presents it as such to macOS - getting full speed read Read/Write performance. All is well.

Except waking from sleep. When waking from sleep, depending on clover config options + dsdt, I either get an immediate reboot or hang on black screen that requires hard reset. I eventually realised that nothing after entering sleep mode is recorded in the logs, its completely empty until next boot up. This makes me think that on resume from sleep, macOS isn't seeing the drive anymore (hence can't even write to logs). My assumption here is that the Option ROM is presenting/configuring the card in IDE mode, which is not what macOS is expecting.

This post describes the problem: 

and also has a solution: in dsdt, simply write the correct values to 0x40, 0x41, 0x42 (which must be the BAR0 register?) to configure Option ROM to use AHCI mode. But I have no idea what address BAR0 is on the Marvell 88SS9293 - there appears to be no documentation whatsoever on this controller available online!

I managed to dump the ROM using Linux sysfs, but don't have the skills to disassemble/decipher the binary to find the correct addresses. Anyone with such experience able to help?? I've attached the ROM dump and lspci output.

Thanks in advance!
      rom.bin
      lspci_output.txt
    • By valueimagery
      Okay So I have two PCIe controller cards, both 3rd party, unbranded from eBay.

1st runs off the Marvell 88SE92xx chipset.  4 Internal Ports.
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PCI-E-PCI-Express-to-SATA3-0-4Port-SATA-III-6G-Expansion-Controller-Card-Adapter/264029216955?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

2nd runs off the ASMedia ASM1061 chipset. 2 Internal/ 2 External Ports (selectable by jumpers)
      https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/PCI-E-To-SATA3-PCI-E-SATA3-0-6Gb-s-the-SSD-Asmedia-Chip-Expansion-Card-ASM1061/191572577652?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The hack is running stable no issues on 10.4.2 with an i7 8700k ASUS Maximus X Code as iMac 18,3

However, I wanted to add eSATA ports for some older drive enclosures I own, and some extra internal SATA ports as I've used all the SATA ports on the Motherboard.
      The 1st Marvell actually works OOB in Mac OSX.  No kexts needed.  Speeds seem good (350R/400W on an SSD 80R/W on a 5400 HDD)

However, a few things don't seem perfect.
      1) the AHCI version is 1.0.  I imagine this could and should be a newer version? 1.2 or 1.31? If it should be updated, is this something only able to be flashed from a Windows OS?
      2) It can't be used as a boot option.  the Maximus doesn't recognise it as a startup option.  Is this a possible AHCI version firmware issue?  Is booting ever possible from these controllers? 
      3) TRIM was disabled in system profile. I know it automatically worked OOB for my NVME2 drives connected to the motherboard,  But to enable Trim on an SSD 860 EVO I needed to submit the terminal command:
      sudo trimforce enable

Now the second ASMedia controller I haven't been able to get to work.  I've switched the jumpers (not sure which position is the 1,2,3) so I've made it so that one internal and one external will operate to test the card.

System profiler sees the card like all the others as a "Generic AHCI Controller" with AHCI version 1.20 supported.
      However, I cannot get any drive to be recognised in the eSATA ports.  I haven't tested the internal ports as I don't need these.

I've attempted using two kexts (attached) AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext and AHCIPortInjector.kext
      When I use AHCIPortInjector.kext the SATA device is recognised in system profiler as an ASM1062.  However no drive works with this kext.  And reading the chip itself on the card it says ASM1061.  So not sure why it's preferring the 1062 entry over the 1061 since both are present in the kext.

When I use AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext that SATA device is not recognised at all in the system profiler.  It disappears.

I'm not using a custom DSDT for this motherboard and I've attached my config.plist if anyone has some insight on either cards.

Cheers,
      Shark

config-NOSN.plist
      AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext.zip
      AHCIPortInjector.kext.zip
    • By b31k
      Hello
      My system is
      Asus Z170-P Motherboard
      i5 6600K Processor
      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4095 MB
      Be-quiet 500W PSU
      Crucial 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

BIOS:

xHCI Handoff enable
      Serial Port disable
      SATA AHCI mode
      IOAPIC 24-119 Entries (enable y disable) two mode stuck

I can not build a robust and stable system, The system Sierra is already installed but when I restart or shut down, I get the error Still waiting for root device error, but after too many reboot ( from 2 times to 9) start correctly or other times leave too minutes, with prohibited symbol and finally starts.
      Once started recognised correctly HDD.
      Also I tried with a new  EVO860 nvme SSD , but I have the same problem.

I dont know because sometimes yes sometimes no, the system stuck in this error
      I add some information files and logs.

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_6.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
      kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
        thank you.

Solution by Rehabman;

Extracting my native/clean DSDT using Clover F4.
      and check with diff DSDT file.

My SystemMemory addresses in DSDT are mismatched:

SPEEDY-NUCatched rehabman$ diff ../origin/ ../patched/|grep SystemMemory
      < OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xC74EC000, 0x06D5)
      > OperationRegion (GNVS, SystemMemory, 0xC74FE000, 0x06D5)
      < OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0xC6CC0F98, 0x10)
      > OperationRegion (CPSB, SystemMemory, 0xC6CD2F98, 0x10)

and other mistake in OperationRegion(PNVA,SystemMemory,PNVB,PNVL)

< Name (PNVB, 0xC74F1018)
      > Name(PNVB,0xC7503018)

My system after too many month , keep stable the still waiting error no appear again, it seems that the problem was with the memory addresses in my DSDT.
    • By BauerMac
      Hey,

I want to use 7 drives on my ASUS X Hero MB.
      The MB supports up to 6 SATA drives, and also has 2 M.2 slots, so I thought it was possible to run at least 7 drives.
      Apparently, it isn´t that easy.

I have a Samsung 850 EVO MZ-N5E500BW M.2 drive that I use as boot drive. It´s a SATA drive, and from what I can read, using a SATA drive in the M.2 slot will either disable one or two of the other SATA slots, depending on which type of M.2 setup you choose.
      So now I can only use a total of SIX slots in the machine for storage, which is a huge bummer, since I need the extra SSD drive.
        I can of course connect the extra SSD drive via an adapter and use an external USB port, but that´s a very impractical solution.   QUESTION:
      Can anyone tell me if it´s possible to somehow connect 7 drives to my ASUS X Hero MB?
      (Buying a new PCIE M.2 drive is not an option, since the M.2 drive I have is the boot drive, and I don´t wanna F around with cloning, replacing etc)   Thanks in advance!  
    • By DonAmalio24K
      Buenas tardes, Tengo un problema grande y complicado, solicito la ayuda de una persona que pueda darme una mano. Resulta que tengo una VIT M2400 plateada y por estar leyendo que habia una actualizacion para la bios le di instalar y ahora se desactivo la opcion "ahci" y no puedo ni volver a instalarle Win7 ni 10. He tratado de conseguir activar la opcion por ms-dos con symcmos y consegui ver la lista de codigos pero entre casi 300 o mas codigos no se cual activar y no quiero probar activar uno por uno por miedo a empeorar la situacion, he buscado en internet alguna backup y no he dado hasta ahora con ninguno, he conseguido multiples programas pero con la actualizacion en formato "WHP" ninguno logra abrirlo. logre conseguir dos imagenes bios pero no tengo la seguridad si me podrian ayudar o dañar la laptop. 

La pregunta es para saber si alguien que posea una laptop de igual modelo me podria ayudar haciendo una copia de su imagen bios y asi yo poder seguir con la creacion de una hackintosh. yo logre hacer el usb boot y se instalo pero por el error de la ahci no pude disfrutar del sistema por unos panic kernels los cuales no les consegui solucion en ningun lado. Agradezco de antemano la ayuda de la persona que pueda ayudarme.

Si alguien puede ofrecerme una ayuda le agradeceria de corazon ya no se que hacer tengo bastante tiempo tratando de solucionar el problema pero no lo consigo.