PC frozen after waking from sleep

blackswords

8 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

it's my first post here but I browsed the forums for a while to build and configure my first hackintosh. I have now a perfectly working computer (Yosemite/W10 dual boot with Clover) except for one thing, sleep.

Indeed, since I have a desktop, I set the hibernation mode to 0 (RAM content preserved and not backed up) but when I resume from sleep the computer is completely frozen. The screen shows the last image displayed before going to sleep and the mouse and keyboard are not responding at all. The only solution is to push the reset button... I tried other hibernation modes but none of them worked.

Here is my hardware : 

• Motherboard : MSI Z97 PC Mate
  • CPU : Intel i5-4590
  • RAM : 8Go (2x4Go) Corsair Vengeance
  • GPU : Sapphire R9 280X (currently under repairs so I'm using the IGPU)
  • SSD : Kingston SSD Now V300 240Go
  • HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green 1To (formated in ExFat for data sharing between OS X and Windows)

Do you have any idea to fix this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Little update on this.

After generating my DSDT (and put it in the right place in the EFI partition) and changed the computer model from iMac14,2 to iMac14,1 I have the hibernation working.

But still no luck with the sleep. Now the screen stays black when the computer is resumed.

Do you think I have to apply a specific patch to my DSDT or something else to make it work correctly?

Yes I'm still on Yosemite. I'll test the darkwake parameter when I get home. I'll get you posted.

In the meantime, I saw that the new 5K iMac uses the exact same processor as mine so if it doesn't work I'll change my computer model to iMac15,1.

Well, I tried the darkwake=0 boot flag (initially set to 10) and to change the computer model with no success. The only change is that sometimes the desktop reappears but nothing respond, except a very laggy mouse... Any other ideas?

edit : I use a NullCPUPowerManagement kext, I tried to remove it but still the same problem 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with almost the same hardware on Yosemite 10.10.5 :

• Motherboard : MSI Z97 PC Mate
  • CPU : Intel i7-4790
  • RAM : 16Go (2x8Go)
  • GPU : MSI GTX 970
  • SSD : Kingston SSD Now V300 128Go
  • HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green 2To

Computer goes to sleep but never wakes up : everything is frozen, no keyboard, no mouse.

Changing the dark wake parameter from 0 to 10 does not change anything.

I tried to build my own DSDT but I don't know which parameter I need to change -> the behaviour was exactly the same so I deleted my non efficient file.

Hope we'll find a solution !

Hi JiCe,

I still didn't find a solution to this problem so I'm using hibernation. With a SSD it's quite fast too boot so I'm okay with it but it would be great if we can find a solution to the sleep problem. It would allow to use sleep for short periods of inactivity and hibernation for longer ones. 

• 1 year later...

Seems like we're all in the same boat. I have the same board with the same chip and im running Sierra with the gtx 950 from Nvidia, the EVGA variant. My the pc goes to sleep just fine, but never wakes up.  Have to wake it up using the the power button, and after a few seconds it just freezes and reboots on its own.  It would be nice to get this problem fixed.