Sony Vaio VGN-FZ21M - QE/CI

96 posts in this topic

Hello pippox0 and other Sony Vaio freaks here.

After I have now upgraded the laptop to 2 x 2GB = 4GB, everything runs smoothly.

I only have a small, safe only cosmetic problem with the display of the memory values ​​in the system profile. See the screenshots to

Otherwise, I had some problems with the fixes in Clover, Clover I use 2767 or 2976, which are the only two Clover which boot at the laptop,

everything higher will not boot.

I had the fixes, see my config.plist test all through, until I had the right caught and then successfully restore an image from the normal Hack PC,

on the Sony Vaio. Then of course adapt something, so everything out what does not exist on the laptop yes.

It is making me not managed a clean installation, getting the message that is Ec already installed on this computer.

The DSDT.aml I have also for the first time successfully edited with Maciasl. It was about the USB2.0 things, so the change

of EHCI1 on EHCI01 and EHCI2 on EHCI02. I attach the finished DSDT.aml of pippox0 the nVidia integrated things and I fixed the USB2.0 thing with to.

Also I hang my complete config.plist with.

So I have the El Capitan 10:11 restored by Hack-PC block BEFORE only updated to the 10.11.5.

So theoretically it would have with the people who own the same identical Sony Vaio FZ21M, just as easily run as me.

If someone has a tip on how to get the memory values are displayed correctly in the system profile, I am grateful for useful tips on.

pippox0 ... you know yourself well with Maciasl Tool ? Is it possible to integrate all these Fixe in Clover (config.plist) DSDT.aml into? that would be then a lot easier.

post-6397-0-88327200-1467060493_thumb.png

post-6397-0-18962600-1467060512_thumb.png

post-6397-0-56562300-1467060525_thumb.png

post-6397-0-65650800-1467060535_thumb.png

post-6397-0-07415900-1467060549_thumb.png

dsdt+config.zip

pippox0 the the edit .. you can forget completely does not work.

I did everything possible entered in the config.plist ... either only 1 module is properly recognized or even both wrong as now the time.

I have also already some experience, also from the Chameleon time with Snow Leo to Mavericks, etc. since the went.

Is anyway only a cosmetic problem, I have now found it is indeed the 4GB Ram also used by the OS.

Have you ever tried to run it with my data your laptop with El Capitan? goes with you or any problems? write it out.

So I am for time as it runs now satisfied .. clearly I will also try if the Final 10.11.6 is that also to install or update of 10.11.5 to 10.11.6

It's a fact that these almost 8 year old Sony Vaio laptop every MacBook Air to shame on performance! And above all, a 15.4 inch display has,

well not a retina but still much larger and so to work with better off.

• 7 months later...

Hello guys, I'm really damn happy to see that finally a solution for the Graphics/Display issue on our VAIOs has been found!!  :w00t:

It was a very long time ago (I think it was 2011) since my very last attempt to install OS X (Lion the last time), and I have never been able to successfully configure it completely or simply have a fully working system usable as a daily driver.

Now I would REALLY like to install again MacOS on my VAIO FZ21M, but because I don't remember mostly anything about the right steps to install/configure the system, I want to ask if you can provide a simple guide and the right files that I need.

Right now I have Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB installed and working very smoothly, along with an Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 with 6Mb of L2 cache (I had the T7250 originally but I have changed it just a few days ago), 4gb of RAM (667Mhz), the Nvidia 8400M GT with 256Mb, and the first Samsung SSD 830.

I'm wondering if your latest fully working MacOS is/was El Capitan!? Have you tried with Sierra yet?

Thanks a lot for your time, I hope to hear from you guys and in the meantime understand something on my own.

Hi Iperzampem0,

Welcome back ...

If you have Intel core2 Duo T9300 , you can install MacOS Sierra.

First of all -> read a tutorial to create an USB Install pen of OSX you choose.

Then you have to create HD space to install OSX and dual boot Windows10. -> read tut on forum.

After you have installed OSX, you can enable QE/CI.

You can use Enoch or Clover bootloader ..

Tips boot with nv_disable=1 option to get LCD screen working... on install

See ya

sent from my iPhone 7 Plus

Hi Iperzampem0,

Welcome back ...

If you have Intel core2 Duo T9300 , you can install MacOS Sierra.

First of all -> read a tutorial to create an USB Install pen of OSX you choose.

Then you have to create HD space to install OSX and dual boot Windows10. -> read tut on forum.

After you have installed OSX, you can enable QE/CI.

You can use Enoch or Clover bootloader ..

Tips boot with nv_disable=1 option to get LCD screen working... on install

See ya

Thanks for your answer.

I'm trying to create the USB with the latest Sierra on a Mac with different tools (such as DiskMaker X and/or Pandora's box) along with installing a Clover or Enoch bootloader but I can't get it to boot at all on the VAIO... I'm wasting a lot of time and I don't really know how to do all the things correctly, if not by first researching a lot and understand all.

I would really appreciate a step-by-step (or a similar) guide, but I know it's asking too much. I would do it myself for the community if I had the knowledge btw.

You can look at the following Enoch guide for Dell Latitude D630 which has very similar specs to the Sony Vaio FZ21M:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8645-dell-latitude-d630-with-core2duo-and-nvidia-quadro-nvs-135m-el-capitansierra/&do=findComment&comment=64465

You can look at the following Enoch guide for Dell Latitude D630 which has very similar specs to the Sony Vaio FZ21M:

http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/8645-dell-latitude-d630-with-core2duo-and-nvidia-quadro-nvs-135m-el-capitansierra/&do=findComment&comment=64465

Ok I will now follow that guide, but do I have to use the DSDT.aml of the VAIO (posted on the first page here) even though it's presumably compiled for the old OSX Lion !?

Furthermore, I've seen the contents of the Extra folder (for the Dell) and I've already made some changes into the "org.chameleon.Boot" and "smbios" plist files to actually reflect my screen resolution and the MacbookPro4,1 which practically share almost the same hardware as the Vaio FZ. Am I wrong? Thank You!

EDIT: I've tried multiple combinations and I can't get it to boot successfully... The USB is correctly created but the problem is which version of the bootloader can fully work and how to correctly load the DSDT.aml posted here, cos after loading the ACPI tables, it will stop the boot process.  :(

I've also tried different combinations of kernel flags and also changed the smbios file, but without any success.

Hi,

Tell us where install boot stops ...

We will try to help you.

Which OSX version ?

What bootloader ?

Sierra 10.12.3 - Enoch rev2839.pkg (which is the prior version of the latest available 2848).

The boot process stops right after having loaded the processor, ram, FakeSMC and a bunch of other things like the trackpad/keypad if the 2 kexts are available.

It seems like it's stopping at something related to AppleBusPowerControllerUsb.. after that it says "Still waiting for root device".

Hi,

By direct trials and experience i have successfully installed on Sony Vaio with no iusses:

Osx Lion

Osx MLion

Osx Mavericks

Osx Yosemite

And also

Tiger , Leopard and Snow Leopard.

My trials to install Osx El capitan were unsuccesfull in the past

Now i will retry , but by now i also get "still waiting for root device"

It seems something is changed in USB management, so it prevents to boot from USB device. (i.e. Sierra and El capitan )

My external HD boots fine with Enoch 2725 or 2839 from Tiger to Yosemite , but not 10.11

I cannot run Sierra because i haven't yet changed my CPU.

If you have an external hd , you may try this:

1) Clone a working Sierra installed OS from another pc with Carbon Copy Cloner.

2) boot from Osx Mavericks or similiar

3) copy Sierra on internal SSD.

4) try to boot it with a bootable USB

If works, then you can install bootloader on SSD and make some post installation fix as Qe/ci , etc.

This is an unconventional way to install MacOS, but you can try ...

Tips : you have to delete all related to the different Pc from the Sierra copied on SSD.

I.e. DSDT.aml, smbios.plist

And add the ones related to Sony.

Hey, thanks for your answer! I'm still trying different ways to get the USB to boot Clover but it seems like it's not a good bootloader for our legacy BIOS...

BTW could you please share the exact files you're using (I mean kexts, which smbios and dsdt.aml) with all those OSX installations for the VAIO? Thanks, I may try to install Lion 10.7.5 as per the first post here so maybe I can have a 99% chance to get a working Mac OS.

EDIT: now back to use Enoch 2848 which kinda lets me boot for a while, I think I know why it doesn't complete and hangs! Because I've changed the Intel processor to the T9300 and the DSDT.aml from this thread is compiled for the Intel T7250 (oh, it's yours)!! That's why! How can I make that change? I'm using a Mac so I could do it hopefully..

EDIT2: I'm using MaciASL app on the Mac and I have the VAIO dsdt.aml along with the Dell dsdt.aml which has the T9300. Anyone knows the exact code's location to copy/paste?  :rolleyes:

EDIT3: It seems like the same code for both... The processor' section should be just "Scope (_PR)" but into the VAIO's dsdt there's also that "Method (RPPC, 0, NotSerialized)" function which I don't know how it works.

Could the SSD or the different RAM be the issue here?!? By the way this is what I'm getting, it stops at IOAPIC

EDIT4: As RehabMan points out in another forum, "If you're to use a patched DSDT, patch your own. A delay/hang at IOAPIC is generally caused by using a patched DSDT that doesn't correspond to your native DSDT."

post-290784-0-03799600-1487694698_thumb.jpg

Hi,
To get your original dsdt, you can create/ use an Bootable Clover USB pen.
Press F4 and get saved your dsdt.
To patch it, you need only to insert GPU patch to get Qe/Ci

Btw on install process you can use no dsdt
I use imac12,1 smbios.plist , fakesmc.kext and nullCPUpower only.

If you use trackpad kext you don't need an USB keyboard and mouse.

Tips: on first boot nv_disable=1 , let you use internal LCD.

@Iperzampem0, SMBIOS of MBP4,1 is indeed closer in terms of specs but incompatible with Sierra. In addition, MBP4,1 SMBIOS does not support native CPU SpeedStep. That's why you should use MBP7,1's. That'll work perfectly with the FakeSMC of the D630 pack (the kext was tuned with SMC keys of MBP7,1) and will be fully compatible with Sierra.

@Iperzampem0, SMBIOS of MBP4,1 is indeed closer in terms of specs but incompatible with Sierra. In addition, MBP4,1 SMBIOS does not support vanilla CPU SpeedStep. That's why you should use MBP7,1's. That'll work perfectly with the FakeSMC of the D630 pack (the kext was tuned with SMC keys of MBP7,1) and will be fully compatible with Sierra.

Hello, thanks for answering. I've already tried that combination but maybe there was something wrong with other kexts. I will try again and report later.

Hi Iperzampem0,

here is your DSDT.aml compiled for T9300.

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

Thanks a lot! In the meantime, yesterday, I had also another idea, which was to install back into the VAIO the old and original Hynix 2gb of RAM (1x1) and test the whole thing with your DSDT posted in the first page, and it was probably a little step forward to have a successful boot, BUT I still have this "error" while booting (see the image) even now that I have installed back again my Corsair 4gb of RAM (2x2) and the new DSDT provided by you.

So I really don't know what else to do.. It seems like it's a USB power issue because of some new Sierra instructions and/or a DSDT not fully patched for this.

Any other solutions guys?  :lol:

EDIT: I have even tried to patch my USBs following this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

post-290784-0-82281500-1487771586_thumb.jpg

Rename all EHCx instances in the DSDT to EH0x and then use Rehabman's USBInjectAll kext.

The DSDT above from pippox0 has 2 errors while compiling and I don't know how to fix those, hence I can't edit the DSDT...

EDIT: WAIT, I've successfully modified the Length in Hexadecimal and compiled it correctly!  :w00t:  :thumbsup_anim:

EDIT2: Ok, same bad thing happens while trying to boot from that damn USB... Are you sure I just need to change EHCx to EH0x into the DSDT, add the USBInjectAll.kext, and nothing else?

No idea, post a zipped copy of your EFI/Clover folder, the we'll see...

NB: Never had to recompile a DSDT after changing CPU on any of my laptops, including when changing from Merom T7500 to Penny T9300 on my GM965/C2D Dell Latitude D630...

No idea, post a zipped copy of your EFI/Clover folder, the we'll see...

NB: Never had to recompile a DSDT after changing CPU on any of my laptops, including when changing from Merom T7500 to Penny T9300 on my GM965/C2D Dell Latitude D630...

Yea ok, but probably you have to recompile it if you change the RAM from 2gb to 4gb and the manufacturer is different, no?

Anyway, here's the /Extra folder into which I have all the necessary things. I have used the latest Enoch 2848 bootloader because Clover won't let me boot in any way (I just see a blinking cursor every time). Just now I have changed the USBInjectAll.kext with a "less intrusive" alternative, the USB_Injector.kext that was used for the Sierra installation on the Dell. I will try to boot again in a few minutes with this slightly updated config.

EDIT: OMG I had my first longer boot process!!!  :w00t:  :drool:  :thumbsup_anim: unfortunately though I have had a kernel panic regarding NVDAStartup (if I see it correctly), but if I'm not wrong I was reading about something to add while booting if I had this. Right now I'm booting with "-v nv_disable=1 -f".

Extra.zip

This is what I'm getting if I boot with "-v -f -x nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=No". Yea, I know that GraphicsEnabler is not necessary (right?) if I'm using nv_disable=1 and given the fact that I didn't use it into the org.chameleon.boot.plist file. Furthermore I have used -x only to see if the error was the same, and it basically is. Any ideas? I think this is the last obstacle to see the installation screen..  :rolleyes:

post-290784-0-05048700-1487794440_thumb.jpg

Yea ok, but probably you have to recompile it if you change the RAM from 2gb to 4gb and the manufacturer is different, no?

:hysterical: No!

I would not recommend you use the USB injector kext of my Dell since that was specifically manually prepared for that system. Check your IOReg before you use that as you'll probably need to adjust it for ports under each controller...

You should boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes if you hope to have your nVidia GPU detected and supported...

Boot with KernelBooter_kexts=Yes -f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

:hysterical: No!

I would not recommend you use the USB injector kext of my Dell since that was specifically manually prepared for that system. Check your IOReg before you use that as you'll probably need to adjust it for ports under each controller...

You should boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes if you hope to have your nVidia GPU detected and supported...

Boot with KernelBooter_kexts=Yes -f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

Amazing!!! It actually booted and I'm installing Sierra!!  :drool:  :thumbsup_anim:  :hysterical:

Thanks a lot Hervé, what about after installation?

N.B. It's worth noting that my SSD was completely erased before this process and formatted in HFS+ using GParted Live (MBR, not GPT).