New here, I used to do macs but mainly PCs now. So please excuse my ignorance. Mac stores are closed in Arizona, My friend has a circa 2015 Macbook Pro. On startup, the line goes about halfway and then goes to a spinning icon that goes on and off. I did a disk repair and permissions , but it still does the same. So I tried to reload the OS, it says not found, apparently you cannot download Yosemite anymore. So, the rest of my machines are windows. Where do I get Yosemite and how can I build it on a Windows machine that I can have the Mac start up. Help please.
Clover r5101 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.
Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.15 guest in Windows X64 host.
1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r5101 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.5k-5101-X64.iso by double clicking on it.
2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.
Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.