Dell Latitude USB issues

G.Beared

31 posts in this topic

Hi, no I scrapped that idea and started again.

Did a clean install, patched DSDT with HD3000 on 7 series, IGPU fix, 7Series USB fix, IRQ Fix and Windows fix, edited BAT1 to return 0. 

Booted with custom DSDT loaded by Clover and generated SSDT with ssdtPRGen shell script and now everything works!!... Well, at least the stuff I am bothered about, which includes:

Backlight, battery display, power management, USB, eSATA, audio, trackpad, IGPU, camera, WiFi, sleep/wake.

• Like 1

For Power Management:

SSDT/DropOEM=YES

Use a MB Pro 8,1 or 2

Or MacMini.

Battery, use RehabMan kext + DSDT patch.

Backlight, RehabMan patch too.

If the USB it's working, the WebCam also will work too.

Audio - VoodooHDA.

TrackPadhttp://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

send dsdt orginal and config.plist i will send u soon :)

Check and report 

Config > intel hd 3000 ( for laptop me :P

DSDT > Patch all :)

attachicon.gifdsdt_and_config.zip

Hi, thanks. Here is my own EFI folder with DSDT and SSDT I patched.

EFI.zip 

I will test your DSDT and config.plist later today and compare changes to my own. What is boot flag -xcpm for?

Thank you.

For Power Management:

SSDT/DropOEM=YES

Use a MB Pro 8,1 or 2

Or MacMini.

Battery, use RehabMan kext + DSDT patch.

Backlight, RehabMan patch too.

If the USB it's working, the WebCam also will work too.

Audio - VoodooHDA.

TrackPadhttp://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/1948-elan-focaltech-and-synaptics-smart-touchpad-driver-mac-os-x/

I have working battery. My issue was that there was BAT0, BAT1 and BAT2 in the DSDT. BAT0 and BAT1 both returned true as installed. I had to edit DSDT to return false for BAT1 as it simply did not exist and was causing battery display to switch between BAT0 (the physical battery) and BAT1 (the Phantom battery).... That was the cause of the 16 seconds on 10 second off battery display. 

Audio and trackpad are working well. For audio I used the kext included in EFI uploaded in my last post and for trackpad, I of course used RehabMans PS2 kext.

Ah, thank you. I had never seen this before but noticed the boot flag in Anonymousnb Config.plist... I have just tested Anonymousnb's DSDT on my system, it is not stable unfortunately. 

For anyone trying to install on an E6230 Dell Latitude with HD3000  using Clover method, I would advise using my EFI.zip in post            #28