Wireless mouse input not being registered in Yosemite with Logitech LX 300

arsradu

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So, I've got a Logitech LX 300 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo (both wireless). And it worked flawlessly with Mavericks.

But with Yosemite, I can't click anything anymore. The cursor is present, I can hover stuff and they will react accordingly, but I can't click anything. Which defies the purpose of having a mouse in the first place.

So I bought a wired mouse (pretty cheap one, since I don't need it for gaming or stuff, also a Logitech, because I like their products) and I fixed the problem. But the thing is that with this wired mouse, since it's wired, the cable gets stuck behind the keyboard and it's getting annoying when using it for longer periods of time.

So today I tried again my wireless mouse. But this time with El Capitan. And guess what? It works! So, Mavericks yes, Yosemite no, El Capitan yes. No special changes and no third party softwares installed on any of them.

Do you guys have any knowledge about this issue? It looks like a bug with Yosemite, and I wish I was able to test this with a real Mac (I feel like it's gonna have the same behavior), but unfortunately I don't have a real Mac. Have you ever encountered something like that, or heard about other people having this issue before (not necessarily on this exact same combo, but with wireless mice in general)? Any ideas/suggestions are welcome here.

Right now, I've got both mice connected, since I mostly use El Capitan nowadays, so I can use the wireless one with no issues and tuck the wired one somewhere in the back. But I was wondering if there is a fix for it in Yosemite, or if you guys have an idea on how to fix this, so that I can only have once mouse to rule them all. :)

Thank you.