Intel HD3000 x220 strange display question.

domeso

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am new to the forum, I have a strange case here wonder anyone can lend a hand?

I have a Thinkpad x220, this x220 is specially mod to have a FHD LCD Panel, the mod take advantage of the DisplayPort 2 that was not being used by the dock system, a special eDP board were made to drive a LP125WF2-SPB FHD panel.

It work well with Windows (Duplicate display has to be set under display), tho I am trying to get OSX running on it.

I followed guide in InsanelyMac and ######

I got 10.10 install and running alright, the only thing I can not get it work was the display. (As expected)

by default installation, things went smooth, tho the LP125WF2-SPB panel show no output (I am using kext for normal x220 hackintosh), I tho notice backlight does work, toggling it in System Preference does make the LCD brighter and dimmer (I was told by the person who did the mod this is how his hack works, the backlight was still wired and controlled as normal x220 with normal panel)

And only 1 display was found by system,

After a bit of search I found some info about AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB patching.

I tried patching /S/L/E/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB/Contents/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

by replacing

02 05 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 00 00 00 > 02 05 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00

Fix cache / permissions, reboot,

System seems to pick up the panel after the patch, Display Preference does pickup 2 monitor this time, as I would do before, mirror 2 display settings in Preference.

I start to see images on the panel, but the image / colors are all wrong as the attachment.

Running ioreg -l in terminal I do get correct EDIDs (compare to the ones I found on windows, 2 of them)

I can VNC / Teamviewer into the machine without any issue, I can see that things works well by 1920x1080 just no display on the screen.

Anyone any directions / ideas where I should be looking into?

Great thanks in advance.

post-1483495-0-37402900-1438618888_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allan
Guide includes Tonymac's links.

• 1 year later...

hello everybody,

sorry for bringing this super old thing up again, but I am having the exact same problem.
It seems there are not many people running a x220 fhd with macos.

Has someone here experience with that?

I’m using the nitrocaster kit and the mcdonnelltech.com instruction with a custom config.plist which does not reassign the dvi port of the dock connector.

The display (LG LP125WF2-SPB4) is recognized by the system (10.11.6), but with the very wrong colors like the ones described above.

The mod/display works well in Windows. Edid is correctly recognized by macos.

Any directions where I could investigate further?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...