Yosemite XFX 290X 4GB DisplayPort stopped working

Juggernaut1987

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have been running a display port connection together to my main 2560x1080 screen with a second screen on the onboard HD4000 through DVI for over 6 months. After updating OSX one day my display port connection stopped working. For no clear reason, it just stopped working. I am running a reference 4GB 290X by XFX.

Having no time to look into the issue I switched my main screen to DVI. That works fine.

Now though I have a second machine I want to hook up to the main screen, and that only works with DVI so I need the port free so I need to switch back to display port.

If I plug the screen into display port the screen gets recognized by the system, system profiler says the screen is connected through display port and the config screen "sees" the screen and has the correct resolution set. Yet the screen stays blank.

How can I get my display port connection working again? 

• It works fine in windows so its not the cable.
  • I havent changed anything in the machines bios. Internal GPU is set as primary boot due to the 290x not displaying the clover GUI otherwise needed for dual booting
  • Ive updated my outdated clover to latest revision.
  • I have not changed anything in the clover config to "break" the connection myself.
  • I have added frame buffer Baladi in clover config but that did nothing.

Other users here confirm that the 290X works out of the box, no injection and nothing needed using Displayport. I can confirm this too, yet for unknown reasons now my screen now stays blank. I am pretty sure an OSX update killed it, but I cannot figure out what it is that got changed.

Does anybody have an idea? If more information is needed feel free to ask.

I have uploaded my clover bootlog: http://pastebin.com/mUuBBjuT

And my clover config: http://pastebin.com/2HuujRcK

• I havent changed anything in the machines bios. Internal GPU is set as primary boot due to the 290x not displaying the clover GUI otherwise needed for dual bootingDisable CSM in bios and

Disable CSM in BIOS and 290X DP will show Clover GUI

• 4 weeks later...

Disable CSM in BIOS and 290X DP will show Clover GUI

Have you tried adding something like this?

<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>4</integer>

Disabling CSM gave me Clover GUI on 290X but I couldn't get my 2 screens to work that way, nor did it offer a solution for the display port issue. I left it disabled but switched PEG back to IGFX as preferred graphic boot device.

Ive tried adding the video ports as an integer also but no juice on the display port still.