Installed, but the price is big (need some help)

7 posts in this topic

Hi all. So here I am trying to get a hackintosh running for the purpose of logic x. well...

I managed to install it with /haswell flag, but thats all.

It wont boot unless its  -v GraphicsEnabler=No

No sound, cant change to native resolution, no option to pick wifi.

I would like to get things fixed, so help me please.

My setup:

asus B85M-G

i5 4440

gt 630

fiio e10k usb dac (soundcard)

asus xonar dgx pci-e soundcard

^ need them both ^

Tplink tl-wn721N  usb wifi

(4gb ram)

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you :)

Take out the "GraphicsEnabler=no" boot arg and try "nv_disable=1", then once you're booted, install the NVIDIA Web Drivers, and reboot and then you shouldn't have to use either of those boot args after that.  Can't help you on the sound stuff!

So managed to reinstall it, cant install webdriver cuz my osx is outdated, I get several RANDOM kernel panic every time, its 50%50 chance if i can launch system or it gonna freeze.

This is really really really unstable. any solutions? 

I can only launch it if i unplug all usbs except mouse/keyboard.

on the sound thing, go and get some USB powered speakers and try them.

I got tired of futzing around trying to get the right kext into my setup to make it work, had a pair of usb speakers laying around and tried them. WOW! Sound!

On the other (instablility) did you run Kext Utility or Kext Wizard yet.

Or go into Disk Utility.app and run Fix Permissions on your boot drive.

Why do you need two sound cards?

• Like 1

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I need them as one is for a headphone (the usb dac) the other connects to a hifis input.

Anyhow I've removed my DGX soundcard n now running with the motherboard (realtek integrated sounds) BUT i have some white noise loop continously. very frustrating n bad. I can hear music etc, but it sounds like some old viny thing.

Other notable things like having way less fps in games than i used to in windows, my bootloader is {censored}ed up n cant boot unless the usb is plugged in + GraphicsEnabler is set to NO

I'v had ran the utilities n it becomes unstable only when you remove an usb without ejecting, or until the system is completely booted.

I'm actually considering buying snow leopard for the legitimity. Wondering tho, if i'll be able to use cracked applications without bust on a legal osx?

Could be your bootloader. You need the latest version of either Chameleon or Clover.

Those two I have experience with. Go with what is recommended in Insanelymac.com or hackintoshosx.com. Trying to use things from HeWhoShallRemainNameless can cause problems with your install (stability being one of them, and crackly sound is another)