I will change my mother with iOS install right now

gemins

3 posts in this topic

Hello!!!

I'm new in this world Apple.

I get install Yosemite 10.10.3 in mi CPU with this config.

Mother Asus P8H61M LX3 R2.0

Micro Intel i3 4th generation

2 slot memory (2gb and 4gb ram kingston).

Ati Radeon HD 5570 1gb

And the next week i will get (i'm soo excited) this config to upgrade:

Mother Asus H81M-K

Micro Intel i5 
1 8gb DDR3 1600 Kingston.

In the other world (microsoft windows) if i try to change the mother i need reinstall the SO.

If i change the mother with iOS install previously, need reinstall the SO? (I hope not!)

Thk for you answer!!!

Bye!

@gemins,

I'm assuming you are changing your computer's motherboard not your own mother ???  :hysterical:

Joking aside, you most likely will need to change/tweak some of your configuration files in order to boot and run OSX on the new hardware eg new bootloader plist, SMBIOS, DSDT/SSDT, kexts eg for audio,lan.

If you use Clover as your boot loader, its quite possible to keep multiple hardware configurations (each with its own config.plist, DSDT/SSDT, injected kexts) stored in the EFI/Clover/OEM folder ---> boot multiple systems with the same vanilla OSX installation.

eg

I have OSX installed on an external USB HD and use Clover's OEM folder to store multiple different hardware configs --->use this HD as an "emergency" OSX to multiboot several machines

post-846696-0-25551700-1389577551_thumb.

As you can see in the screenshot, I have the necessary files needed to boot the XPS M1530 in the folder "XPS M1530" inside Clover's OEM folder.  I also have the Clover configuration files for my newer desktop based on a UEFI capable GAB75M-D3H motherboard in the B75M-D3H folder.....

So I am able to boot OSX on my legacy XPS M1530 laptop through Clover EFI and my GA-B75M-D3H through its native UEFI firmware using the same USB Hard drive  :D .

• Like 3

JAJAJA In my country say mother "naturally". My Mother is my Mother forever jejeje.

I was install Hackintosh Zone with Chameleon's bootloader. Clover is in the panel setting but i dont know if this is active.

I will make upgrade out case with this hdd and try the SO X as it stands now.

Tnk fusion71au

• Like 2