No displayPort Audio HD4600

38 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I managed to install a fully working Yosemite with clover boot loader every thing is working Handoff/Imessages/facetime/icloud/Continuity... 

the only thing that driving me crazy is to get audio from my moniteur LG34UM95 using the DisplayPort.

i read about the toleda guide but didn't understand much from his guide its very detailed and had very useful informations but since its my first time build trying to get DP/HDMI audio its a bit difficult :(

So here my configuration:

Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3
Asus Maximus VII Formula (Z97)
i7 4790K 
intel HD 4600 (DisplayPort to LG34UM95)
16gb ram Corsair Dominator
SSD 850 PRO 256Go

i am using the iMac 15,1 SMBIOS.

Thanks for helping me and long live to Hackintosh headbang.gif

the AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext is already installed by default right ? so just use the script until the Displayport audio works ? 

thank you so much for the help bro :D

Remember to backup that kext first

Using clover configurator, import your own config.plist, the device section, audio injection 1.

If you have installed other kext to try to operate the audio, back up and remove them.

That done, mount the pertizone EFI, you must see on your desktop.

Run the command and respond well to questions.

Conferma Realtek ALC1150 (y / n): y

Clover Audio ID Injection (y / n): y

Utilizzare Audio ID: 1 (y / n): y

if the command was executed successfully and without errors, repair permissions and cache.

Restart.

audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip

thanks for the answer but i already did this my onboard audio work fine only the DP/HDMI audio doesn't work 

try clover configurator, graphics section, set injection intel.
If that's not there already.
Honestly, I have your same audio device, I have the same integrated graphics in the CPU.
With the steps described in the previous post, not finding your problem.

I Forgot I added a patch ....

If you want I can try to put it ...

mail the confi.plist

You intend to use only the integrated graphics?
  I see to put the patch.
after you have to use the command and some steps.
You do not have to have audio kext installed
  • Like 1

Really??? Why does AppleHDA.kext have to be patched to recognize the HD4600 HDMI audio codec (0c0c)?

perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly
I meant that to run the command, you must have AppleHDA native and not patched
I apologize for the distraction, but I did not mean to not have audio kext installed.

Sorry for my english ...

its a bit difficult 

OS X HDMI/DP audio is not supported on non native hardware and OS X does not natively support HD4600 HDMI/DP/DVI audio; that makes it difficult.

For HD4600 Desktop HDMI/DP/DVI audio, try this:

1. Fix hardware support with dsdt or ssdt edits, download and install attached ssdt. See included pdf for installation details.

2. Enable HD4600 HDMI audio codec (native AppleHDA.kext required), download and double click file name to run. Answer yes (y) to both questions (codec and HD4600 HDMI Audio). For Chameleon: View Raw - audio_realtekALC-110.command.zip. For Clover: View Raw - audio_cloverALC-110.command.zip

3. DP audio is native on OS X (if 1 and 2 are successful).  Restart.

4. For HDMI/DVI audio, framebuffer edits are required; see graphics_Intel_framebuffers

No DP audio, see See Problem Reporting, Post #1, Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio. Post to that thread.

Desktop:HD4600+.zip