Does anyone have the Asus Thunderboltex II card?

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I recently had to upgrade my computer, after my motherboard went bang a couple of weeks ago. As you can see in my sig, I'm now a proud owner of an Asus Z97 Gryphon m-ATX board. One of the nicest features of it is the possibility of thunderbolt expansion via the Asus Thunderboltex II PCI-e card, for a smaller total cost than Gigabyte's competing solution, the Z97-UD7-TH. On the other hand, the UD7-TH thunderbolt port works more or less OOB under OSX - like everything Gigabyte usually does - and didn't even know the Asus card existed until very recently.

So I'm now curious - did I make a good choice going Gryphon for a future thunderbolt capability without the UD7-TH's price tag? Have anyone actually tried this card with a hackintosh? If so, does it work fine, or work at all?

All the best!

I know, I bought the Gryphon because of the TB header. Since you're saying it works, the card solution seems to be better, because if I switch to, say, an Asus X99 motherboard, I'll keep the possibility of Thunderbolt connection as long as I keep the card. Thank you for the answer.