fix for JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 boot hang + GMA grahpics issue + Pro apps

JaS

149 posts in this topic

Well, you should have remained patient and not removed the files. If we needed some of them, they are now gone. I was writing you a procedure to implement the fix. That was why I was asking questions. Now, I'm not sure the procedure will work.

I guess you should go to http://phill84.org/2008/12/gma-915900-with-qeci-on-leopard-1055/ and download and install the files. Use Kext Helper http://cheetha.net/ to install the GMA950 files. Double-click the GMA950.zip to reveal a folder named GMA950. Inside the folder are the files to install.

To use Kext Helper, double-click it to open it. Drag the files to the top window. Type your password in the bottom field. Click "EASY INSTALL".

For the OpenGL.framework, you have to do it manually.

Unzip the OpenGL.framework file and place it on your Desktop.

Open Terminal

Type:  cd
Type:  cd Desktop
Type:  sudo mv OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/
(give your password - the cursor won't move - there will be no feedback - just type the password and <Enter>)
Type:  cd /System/Library/Frameworks
Type:  sudo chown -R root:wheel OpenGL.framework
Type:  sudo chmod -R 755 OpenGL.framework

rlf, i copied the files to the folder like it saied on the link you gave me but i get the error

"System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelGMA950.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update."

what should i do?

The first thing you can do is stop asking for my help and then running off and doing things on your own!!!

Reinstall the files like I describe in posting #78 above and things should be fixed.

You have installed all the GMA950 files using Kext Helper and you have installed OpenGL.framework using the procedure I outlined and you still have the blue screen. Correct?

I wonder if it has anything to do with removing all of the AppleIntel* files.

I would resinstall iDeneb in order to get the AppleIntel* files back. Then I would follow this procedure to install the GMA950 files and the OpenGL.framework even though you have a blue screen:

Download the file from http://www.sendspace.com/file/xdvdbd

Unzip the file "gma.zip" and put the folder named "g" on the flash drive IPEN.

Insert IPEN into the computer.

Boot the iDeneb install DVD and open the Terminal window:

Type:  cd /Volumes/iDeneb

Type:  mv /Volumes/IPEN/g/AppleIntel* System/Library/Extensions
Type:  mv /Volumes/IPEN/g/Open* System/Library/Frameworks
Type:  chown -R root:wheel System/Library/Extensions
Type:  chmod -R 755 System/Library/Extensions
Type:  chown -R root:wheel System/Library/Frameworks
Type:  chmod -R 755 System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework

You have installed all the GMA950 files using Kext Helper and you have installed OpenGL.framework using the procedure I outlined and you still have the blue screen. Correct?

correct..

i will follow your procedure, thanks for all your help, ill answer as soon i reinstall the system.

rlf, i reinstall the system but im unable to copy the files from the pen to the folder you mention, when i type

"cd /Volumes/IPEN/"

i get the following response

"cd: /Volumes/IPEN/: No such file or directory"

what would be the correct directory for the IPEN?

i've tried to mount the device but i get the message

"mount: /dev/disks1: unknow special file or file system."

rlf, i followed your #84 post and i've deleted all AppleIntel*, boot the system and install those two kexts ElliottAppleIntelGMA950LegacyEnabler.kext.zip

and

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip using Kext Helper b7

and the system booted normally, i go to the System Profiler->Graphics/Displays and it says Chipset Model is GMA 950, is this ok, or i should try to follow the other post?

If it is working, then that is good. BUT, no where did it say to delete all AppleIntel* kexts. It said it wanted a fresh install of iDeneb so it would have all of the stock AppleIntel* kexts. I'm surprised it is even working with the kexts deleted.

If you do turn up a problem, follow post #84 again and don't delete any kexts, just install the ones supplied.

1. Reinstal iDeneb

2. Download the files from the following page and place them on IPEN: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141549

3. Insert IPEN into the computer.

4. Boot the iDeneb install DVD and open the Terminal window:

Type:  cd /Volumes/IPEN

Type:  mv ElliottAppleIntelGMA950LegacyEnabler.kext AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext /Volumes/iDeneb/System/Library/Extensions/
Type:  chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/iDeneb/System/Library/Extensions
Type:  chmod -R 755 /Volumes/iDeneb/System/Library/Extensions

Try to boot the computer.

1. If you type the command: diskutil list

do you see it listed?

2. If you type the command: mount

do you see it listed?

3. When you reformatted it, are you sure it didn't take the name UNTITLED?

1. If you type the command: diskutil list

do you see it listed?

yes, its listed as IPEN /dev/disk6

2. If you type the command: mount

do you see it listed?

no, /dev/disk6 is not listed

3. When you reformatted it, are you sure it didn't take the name UNTITLED?

yes, the name is the same its "IPEN"

how can i mount the IPEN?