Hangs on a Blue Screen

mc__

22 posts in this topic

Im trying to install osx86 from a dvd.

It recognized the dvd,i press enter ,then a grey screen with an apple shows up,after about 3 minutes a blue screen comes,with something indicating a progress in the upper left corner. I waited for about an hour.

Has anyone an idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance

JaS is asking what dvd iso you downloaded/used to install. something like "mac osx intel.amd 10.4.6 jas.iso" or whatever the release was titled. this would help him know what customize options you would have needed to select during the install

i had this issue with my dv5000 core duo laptop, when i selected the required intel, intel sse3, and 10.4.6 jas combo update, but not the shemjza 10.4.6 udpate intel decrpyts or whatever. i did it again and selected the intel decrypts and it worked fine since then (except there being a lack of drivers for my laptop's components)

after you erase the drive using the disk utility, and pick the drive to start the install, it will have a button that says "Customize" and when you click that there will be other options to install along with the base osx. you will have to select the appropriate options, like SSE2 or SSE3, Intel or AMD, updates, decrypts, etc... if you dont select the correct ones for your system and the version of the iso then it wont boot next reboot

ok,i think my english must be really bad,i tried to say it already 2 times. i was never asked to select anything,i never had a mouse,there were no dialog yet.

First im in the bootmenu(i mean the thing where you can press F8 to give in boot paramters),then a gray background with an apple appears,and then a blue backrground where everythin hangs.

I tried to boot with -v,in the end it says something like "trying to launch crash manager".

Sorry for my bad english