How can i change the screen resolution to 1920x1200!?

sensei73

9 posts in this topic

At first I want to thank you all for you great work here!

Well If i do understand i Have a Nvidia 6800Gt that is supposed to be vesa 3.0 compatible and i wonder how can i swith to this resolution : 1920x1200@60hz

I'v read that is possible for those who own a GMA900 graphic card, but what about nvidia users?

Thank you in advance

At first I want to thank you all for you great work here!

Well If i do understand i Have a Nvidia 6800Gt that is supposed to be vesa 3.0 compatible and i wonder how can i swith to this resolution : 1920x1200@60hz

I'v read that is possible for those who own a GMA900 graphic card, but what about nvidia users?

Thank you in advance

If you want to know what resolutions you will be able to use untill we get fully working drivers, type "?video" in darwin boot options. It will list all the video modes detected.

If you want to know what resolutions you will be able to use untill we get fully working drivers, type "?video" in darwin boot options. It will list all the video modes detected.

i am not entirely sure this is true. i have options above 1280 x 1024 (7800GTX) when i type ?video......yet i can ONLY get 1280x1024.

any ideas?

at the setup prompt use the resolution you want. then after setup you got that resolution, not just 1280x1024.

if you don't specify the resolution at setup, then you have only 1280x1024 after setup.

I tried that but it didn't work. I had 1280x1024 whilst going through the OSx install but when it finished and I rebooted I was back stuck with 1024x768 :(

Wonder if it would be because I have a Nvidia 6600 PCIE Graphics card?