Run chkdsk error

drp412

11 posts in this topic

I have searched the forum but I could not able to find the post.

I have installed Maverick (tonymac mulitbeast) on my 500 gb partitioned space of 1tb with Yosemite (500 gb). My Yosemite boots fine no problem there. But whenever I try to boot from my another partition of Maverick I always get stuck on "Run chkdsk". These installation is totally separate from the windows (which is on separate HDD). See attached pic. Any ideas?

post-1523556-0-60363800-1430075354_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Please have a look here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/

Anyways, since it is unknown which options you have selected during the installation of Mavericks, it is hard to say where this message comes from. I have this message too sometimes, and my system boots up just fine.

Can you provide some specifications about your system? 

And does the booting process stall on the NTFS issue? 

• Like 1

So I can not post here if I have installed thro' tonymac. Right?

No Windows boot fine. Yosemite also boots fine. Windows 8.1 is installed on totally separate 3tb Segate HDD . I have installed Maverick and Yosemite on 1tb hdd with 5oo gb each. Only Maverick giving me hard time. I have already included my computer specs in my signature

Hi,

Well, the tools provided from there are not supported, in the article i linked is explained why. 

Like i said, it is hard to support due to the various options, would be the same with a distro. 

I do not read signatures, so missed it, thank you. 

Like i asked before, does it stall on the ntfs message, or does Mavericks continue booting after some time? 

Ok thanks. I don't want to get banned from this forum. I learned lots of stuff from here and I  get quick answer here.

No  it just stopped there for almost >10 mins. No progress. Do you think I need re-install?

ps: I can able to boot into safe boot by using -x flag.

I always get stuck on "Run chkdsk". These installation is totally separate from the windows (which is on separate HDD).

The last message shown is not necessarily the cause of the freeze.

I shouldn't have to say this but to get rid of that message simply run chkdsk as suggested. OS X thinks there's something wrong with your NTFS drive.