Slow reboot/shutdown/sleep on GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

joelones

42 posts in this topic

Maybe is problem in your install. Try make a clean install using the AsusAICPM option on Clover.

Or, make sure that your BIOS is set up: Setup UEFI Bios Legacy / UEFI mode to boot

I just tried a clean install. Same thing.

Maybe I should be installing clover in legacy mode? Perhaps something wrong with the UEFI implementation on my board?

My boot disk is in fact booting in UEFI disk mode. Can I re install clover in legacy mode on the same hard drive?

You have configured your BIOS?

Can I re install clover in legacy mode on the same hard drive?

Yes. Just don't select the Install for UEFI booting only option.

EDIT: Try put slide=0 boot argument. Before you use Legacy mode.

You have configured your BIOS?

Yes. Just don't select the Install for UEFI booting only option.

EDIT: Try put slide=0 boot argument. Before you use Legacy mode.

Tried slide=0, no change. No matter what, I can't boot without NullCPU...

Use this:

ZPpE5h5.png

This should create an EFI directory on the Yosemite partition correct? I must then copy the kexts/config to this directory?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I wasn't able to get this work in legacy mode. I select P0 instead of UEFI booting from the boot menu.

When I boot, I see a the word "Boot" then it seems to hang and all I see is an underscore and it just sits there. After awhile it then goes into uefi booting.

This should create an EFI directory on the Yosemite partition correct? I must then copy the kexts/config to this directory?

Yes.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Do you change the BIOS options? Set all HDDs for Legacy boot.

Yes.

I went into the Bios and selected boot legacy only. So I know it does not boot uefi. 

When it boots I see

boot1: /boot

Then I see an underscore. Then it waits for 10-15 secs and boots via the uefi partition I think - like before. So, I don't know what's going on.

Make sure that you removed the "Clover UEFI option" of your BIOS.

And if try this: Boot0: error while using Chameleon

I haven't tried legacy boot yet but I was able to get a SSDT.aml (overclocked) working, so that's good. But the reboot/shutdown still hangs like before. To be clear, the reboot/shutdown problem is not there after a reboot, it only happens if the computer is running for a while. I hope that makes sense?!! 

So if I boot, my computer and immediately reboot/shutdown no problem, but if I boot my computer and leave it on for some time (hours) then I notice it takes longers to shutdown/reboot, sometimes it just hangs. Could it be operating system related?

Also, I'm trying to get your DSDT to work. The DSDT.aml you provided doesn't seem to boot at all; takes long to boot and boots with no graphics. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. In Clover Configurator > Acpi, I Select checkbox for Drop OEM_DSM and put DSDT.aml as DSDT name? Is this correct to activate DSDT?

post-65898-0-78710200-1430179594_thumb.png

I think the problem I've been having is because of the Chrome. For some reason, I see both the memory consumption and cpu usage high while using chrome -- to the point where Yosemite becomes very slow and sluggish. I've been reading that they're are quite a few problems with Chrome on Yosemite. Since I've stopped using it, I don't noticed the reboot/shutdown hang problem anymore.

• Like 1