Duo+945GM working but no internet/wireless

8 posts in this topic

I have a Gateway CX2724 Tablet PC, and I managed to install "Mac-OS-X-10.4.7-AMD.Intel-(JaS)-ISO-Repack" with no problems. My Tablet PC has the 945GM chipset with a Centrino Duo (T2050 dual-core 1.6Ghz). BOTH cpus are running perfectly, and I do not have any jumping problems. It is working quite excellently. I have a G950 graphics chip, which sucks in windows but actually seems to work just as well (or better?) in Mac OS X, woot!

So I just wanted to report that both cores were working fine- I know some people were mentioning they were having trouble with this combination. I'm not sure why they are fine, but they are.

I do have a question though. I cannot get any internet (wireless OR wired) or sound to work.

Internet:

Wired:

Intel® PRO/1000 PL Network Connection (does not show up in network setup in native mode)

Vendor ID: 8086, Device ID: 109A

Wireless:

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (does not show up in network setup in native mode)

Sound:

SigmaTel High Definition Audio

Vendor ID: 8384, Device ID: 7634

I have tried to follow a few tutorials to get them to work, but nothing has so far. When a normal native install didn't work, I tried to install the tulip drivers for networking- those didn't work. For sound, I tried the newest AC97 drivers and tried adding my vendor/device ID to it, but it didn't work either. I also tried a "sigmatel 9200" patch that came with the ISO repack above, but that didn't work. Does anyone have any advice/can anyone help me out?

Ok, I reinstalled from scratch, and I am currently posting FROM OSX so that cleared the internet problem right up. That rules. I'll work on the sound problem :D

You've a wired connection with internet I assume?! Because otherwise you're the first one with a working Intel 3945ABG wireless interface...

• 2 months later...
Yep, wired with the aforementioned Intel/PRO 1000.

Anyone have any idea how to get Sigmatel to work? (anyone even SEEN that device ID before?!)

i have the same ven and dev id. i cant find out what sigmatel i have with these details.

iv been searching for about 18 hours strait on these forums.

if anyone knows what one i have i would like you very much if you told me.

Thank you in advance for any information.

• 2 weeks later...
i have the same ven and dev id. i cant find out what sigmatel i have with these details.

iv been searching for about 18 hours strait on these forums.

if anyone knows what one i have i would like you very much if you told me.

Thank you in advance for any information.

I've got the same device and have had no luck for months - fortunately the Griffin iMic works great. It's plugs into a USB port and works like a charm, you can use a headset or plug in external speakers. Since it also has mic input you can use Skype too. As a plus its plug-n-play in Windows and Ubunutu Linux.

My computer is triple boot and I can use the iMic in all three OS.

I've got the same device and have had no luck for months - fortunately the Griffin iMic works great. It's plugs into a USB port and works like a charm, you can use a headset or plug in external speakers. Since it also has mic input you can use Skype too. As a plus its plug-n-play in Windows and Ubunutu Linux.

My computer is triple boot and I can use the iMic in all three OS.

your system sounds nice MacusAmicus im also no stranger to external soundcards. i have a m-audio transit for my hackingtosh.

now back to the point at hand. i think that the device we have is the 9200. as far as i know this is not supported yet.

now that we know what the device is we can get cracking and hacking on this thing. im sure all the info we need is right here on our fantastic home from home.

it be great if we could sort this thing out. then the dam wireless on these things too!