HP ENVY 15-k192nr

renodude18

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, It's been a while since I've done any of this hackintoshing stuff. Like 6 or more years lol. I recently decided I would try it again this time on a Notebook. I've been searching and I haven't found much on support for this notebook which is a shame but that didn't stop me from getting 10.5 working on my 2008 DX Gateway with much help from everyone on this forum. So far I've found a video for another HP ENVY laptop the j000 quad edition which is similar but diffrent from this one. Here is the specs on this laptop:

Intel Core i7 Dual core 4510U 2 core 4 threads

1 8GB DDR3L Ram Stick

1TB Samsung/Seagate 5400Rpm hard drive

Intel HD Graphics 4400 + Nvidia Geforce 840M 2GB Dedicated graphics chips

DVD+/-RW Drive

3 USB 3.0 ports

HDMI

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Intel Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 (Not sure on the actual name of this)

Windows 8.1 (Pre-install by HP)

So far I've followed the steps on the video I mentioned above pertaining to making a USB [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Mavricks 10.9 install. It took a bit for this laptop to want to even boot to it but for some reason after I get to the boot screen the laptop starts to boot to the install but then stalls out but proceeds to booting windows before I can even see what the problem might be. As far as for this system I've went to the limited Bios and I mean limited, they really don't want you messing with these new HP notebooks. I've disabled the Intel Smart Connect stuff, put the bios into Legacy boot which was the only way for it even recognize there was a USB flash drive that can be booted from. I also disabled secure boot. Now getting to this point took some time to even get to as each time I made a setting change in the bios for some reason after it "saved" the settings changes and rebooted it wouldn't automatically revert to the original settings aside from the intel smart connect {censored} being turned off then randomly it decided it was going to allow me to make the changes in which I was able to finally get the dang thing to boot only for it not even give me the glorious welcome to mac install screen!

As always thank you guys for your continuous support!

Also on a side note, I'd be very interested to hear everyone's thoughts on building a Hackintosh desktop, I've watched a few videos and read some people are doing that more and having real good luck getting it working. I just wonder if its better than the mac experience. 

hello

VERY IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ! (ABOUT TONYMACX86 AND iATKOS M)    

with kind of post .. u will not get support here..

read this

[Guide] AIO Guides For Hackintosh    

good hack

Thank you for your response although I'm not for certain on the first link you are talking about as I do not use those Distro versions of Mac os as I have already purchased Mac os X and the results from those versions is most undesirable as I've experienced years ago. I do thank you for the next link as I saw my processor with its integrated graphics is supported but it looks like my discrete graphics is not on the list but I may need to do a bit more digging to see if anyone else has done that. For now I will just stick with windows on this laptop and either go the Apple route to getting Mac OS X or build my own Hackintosh which sounds like a lot more fun anyway.