AMD Radeon R7 250 HDMI working in Mavericks

toekimarks

5 posts in this topic

I finally managed to get the AMD Radeon R7 250 working in Mavericks. I tried every kext on the web, but they all didn't work with HDMI. I tried to use clover with Slices method, but I still can't manage to boot using clover so I had to use an edited kext. 

So I put some pieces together and managed to edit the kexts myself resulting finally in the working ones.

Just install using kextwizard and everything should work fine.

However, I still haven't managed to get the HDMI audio working. With all of my previous graphics cards, a simple installation of the HDMIAudio.kext was enough to get it working, but with the R7 250 it doesn't have any effect. 

Is there somebody out there maybe who could help me solve this problem?

R7250.zip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Which R7 250 card works with DVI out of the box (no framebuffer patching, or blackscreen prob = must sleep/wake up) running chameleon + Yosemite?

I had an nigthmare with my first AMD 6xxx card - no DVI output and switched back to nvidia which works really out of the box (but have preview problems)

• 4 weeks later...

Which R7 250 card works with DVI out of the box (no framebuffer patching, or blackscreen prob = must sleep/wake up) running chameleon + Yosemite?

I had an nigthmare with my first AMD 6xxx card - no DVI output and switched back to nvidia which works really out of the box (but have preview problems)

I could not tell you, because I sold my R7 250 and got a nVidia gtx 650, which works natively. I would got with a card in that series: comparable with r7 250 in price and performance, but just better support.

I finally managed to get the AMD Radeon R7 250 working in Mavericks. I tried every kext on the web, but they all didn't work with HDMI. I tried to use clover with Slices method, but I still can't manage to boot using clover so I had to use an edited kext. 

So I put some pieces together and managed to edit the kexts myself resulting finally in the working ones.

Just install using kextwizard and everything should work fine.

However, I still haven't managed to get the HDMI audio working. With all of my previous graphics cards, a simple installation of the HDMIAudio.kext was enough to get it working, but with the R7 250 it doesn't have any effect. 

Is there somebody out there maybe who could help me solve this problem?

AFAIK there is no HDA. There is AMD True Audio so why HDMI audio is not possible in OSX on this card.