Jump to content

Get QE/CI enabled on HIS radeon hd 5450 through dsdt


talsid
 Share

8 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I have a working hackintosh with clover. Although all the other kexts are injected by clover, I have to enable QE/CI by patching the AMDRadeonX3000.kext. I was looking for a way of enabling QE/CI through dsdt or some other method so that i don't have to patch the kext after every update. I tried using the builtin clover Display fix with fake id for 0x68E01002, (my original id is 0x68E11002). And i also tried patching the DSDT through clover, but i had no success. I have attached my current DSDT(with patch applied). 

 

Any help would be appreciated

 

Regards

 

dsdt.zip

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is it you do when you patch the AMDRadeonX3000 kext?

 

If your DSDT patch is what I see in Device (GFX0) of PEG0, I'd have done it differently and more in the lines of what I see for Device (HDAU) right underneath; that contains the most usual/classic way to inject hardware info to the OS using _DSM methods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the kext I add my device id to IOPCIMatch under AMDCedarGraphic accelerator.
As for the dsdt I couldn't find the PEG0 so I used clover to fix display,then I extracted the patched dsdt and added the device gfx0 under PEG0 as specified by this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293049-guide-mavericks-yosemite-amd-radeon-hd5450/.
The HDAU was there previously in the Dsdt patched by clover.

I think that it shouldn't be under PEG0 because ioregexplorer shows my graphic card in pci0 > pci1 , there is no mention of peg there

 

post-1236847-0-09444400-1426328324_thumb.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boot without the DSDT and post your saved IOReg output. We'll be able to see about a DSDT patch then. Until then, we're in the dark.
 
The names shown in IORegistryExplorer are not important, the address of the devices is. So for instance, your PCI1 is reported at address 1, ie. 0x00010000. That is reflected in your patched DSDT and that is also exactly where PEG0 is declared in your patched DSDT:

            Device (PCI1)
            {
                ...
                Method (_ADR, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (0x00010000, Local0)
                    Return (Local0)
                }
                ...
           Device (PEG0)
           {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
                Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    ...

 
It's important to know these things to understand some basic concepts of IOReg and DSDT patching...

 

Personally, I probably would have added the GFX0 device under PC1 device (and used a different code) as opposed to possibly add PEG0. But it may not have been done that way. You really should extract your raw DSDT and start afresh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boot without the DSDT and post your saved IOReg output. We'll be able to see about a DSDT patch then. Until then, we're in the dark.

 

The names shown in IORegistryExplorer are not important, the address of the devices is. So for instance, your PCI1 is reported at address 1, ie. 0x00010000. That is reflected in your patched DSDT and that is also exactly where PEG0 is declared in your patched DSDT:

            Device (PCI1)
            {
                ...
                Method (_ADR, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (0x00010000, Local0)
                    Return (Local0)
                }
                ...
           Device (PEG0)
           {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)
                Device (GFX0)
                {
                    Name (_ADR, Zero)
                    ...

 

It's important to know these things to understand some basic concepts of IOReg and DSDT patching...

 

Personally, I probably would have added the GFX0 device under PC1 device (and used a different code) as opposed to possibly add PEG0. But it may not have been done that way. You really should extract your raw DSDT and start afresh.

I take it you want the saved file from ioregexplorer. Here it is:  ioregoutput.zip (without the patched dsdt).

I hope it helps.

 

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...