Try to fix iMessage help

simras

4 posts in this topic

Hello, first of all i am french (16 years old) but i prefer speak english for more help. On my mackintosh (imac 14,2 smbios) i have fix iMessage with this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302347-clover-imessagefacetime-fix-for-yosemite/

And later i change my smbios with clover configurator (i use clover as boot loader) to imac 14,2 to Mac Pro 3,1 i re-follow this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/302347-clover-imessagefacetime-fix-for-yosemite/

Do exactly the same task but i can connect to my iMessage/icloud/facetime account with the same profile but i can't send any SMS, and when i go from my iphone 5s in preferences=>messages i don't see the option "sms transfer" for enable connection between iPhone and mackintosh for SMS.

For the guide i resume here what i do:

In SMBIOS:

i use a serial number (11 caracters) that i shake and check if it used by a real Mac Pro https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

for smUUID with the command "uuidgen" from my mackintosh's terminal i gen and copy and paste the uuid.

for the Board Serial Number i copy my serial number (11 characters) and had 2 caracters for have 13 caracters.

In Rt Variables:

i used the script iMessage debug for obtain real information (ROM and MLB from real mac)

from a real imac8,1 i insert the ROM and MLB

i save all restart.

I try to reset the application message, use mlb rom from an another imac more new, reset internet connection, reinstall yosemite, disconnect my account from my iphone, change the password of my apple account. Nothing works.

i juste receive a mail from apple who say that a Mac Pro is connected with my account.

i precise that imac8,1 have too 11 caracters for serial and 13 for board serial number like a mac pro 3,1.

Thanks you, hope that you help me :)

I had the same issue as you, iMessage would log in apparently ok, but would not send or receive messages correctly.

I was able to find an ancient MLB and ROM (now unused) that works as long as it is acceptable to Apple.

Apple changed the settings yet again for iMessage at the end of 2014 when they introduced dual factor logins and reacted to cloned logins which you are referring to by copying MLB and ROM values from a real mac, and there are suggestions that if you do this your id may be blacklisted. It would also appear that Apple likely are recording the details of the MLB and ROMS in their system now , while serial numbers and UUIDs do not seem to matter any more (not 100% sure) as I am able to use my Asus X87 hack as an iMac 14,2  or a MacPro 6,1 with different serials and UUIDs  with the same MLB/ROM (not at the same time) but iMessage works perfectly and my iPhone 6 shows shows the MacPro in Text Message Forwarding

Good luck