Kourindou Hime

Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro M-5Y71 Broadwell

7 posts in this topic

First of all – I would like to thank this great community for all these years I've experienced running osx on various non-apple hardware units. Now it's time to decide if there's a way I can do my personal investment.

Sadly I was unable to get lspci info, because I don't have the machine, but I have an option to buy it (like in a few days). I'm okay with non-working wifi/bluetooth (and maybe even sound), because obviously, I always can replace it or use some USB devices. Sleep option is not important either (later maybe).

But! I would like to know – if there's any hope on getting Yosemite booted on that machine at all? CPU is Intel Core M Broadwell (5Y71), graphics – Intel HD Graphics 5300.

Also it has a QHD+ display, and I'm going to do some research on how to make it act as a retina one after I get the machine (good to know there are already some threads related to that).

TL;DR version: Intel Core M Broadwell (5Y71) with Intel HD Graphics 5300 == successfull boot; true or false?

Wasn't able to find any info on osx86-related sources about M-5Y71 & Broadwell arch support.

I would like to get this machine and make an installation guide thread here in case of ANY success. Just tell me if it worth it.

Thank you!

Advertisement

First of all – I would like to thank this great community for all these years I've experienced running osx on various non-apple hardware units. Now it's time to decide if there's a way I can do my personal investment.

Sadly I was unable to get lspci info, because I don't have the machine, but I have an option to buy it (like in a few days). I'm okay with non-working wifi/bluetooth (and maybe even sound), because obviously, I always can replace it or use some USB devices. Sleep option is not important either (later maybe).

But! I would like to know – if there's any hope on getting Yosemite booted on that machine at all? CPU is Intel Core M Broadwell (5Y71), graphics – Intel HD Graphics 5300.

Also it has a QHD+ display, and I'm going to do some research on how to make it act as a retina one after I get the machine (good to know there are already some threads related to that).

TL;DR version: Intel Core M Broadwell (5Y71) with Intel HD Graphics 5300 == successfull boot; true or false?

Wasn't able to find any info on osx86-related sources about M-5Y71 & Broadwell arch support.

I would like to get this machine and make an installation guide thread here in case of ANY success. Just tell me if it worth it.

Thank you!

We'll know more when Apple starts using Broadwell parts. Right now, I suspect it is a no-go, as Apple has no Broadwell machines (MacBookAir 12" retina rumors?). I had one for 24 hours recently. I got it to boot using Clover's FakeCPUID, but never got past some crashes during boot (outright lockups), probably due to chipset and possibly graphics issues. The i2c trackpad will require new drivers to be written.

Note: By "boot" I mean I got the kernel to load and for it to start loading/starting kexts...

Apple announced the new MacBook with a core M 5Y70/5Y71

this means we should be able to get the Yoga 3 pro booting OS X. some guy seems to have already done it, with a few things not working. (theres another thread about it)

Apple released OS X 10.10.3 beta3.

Broadwell HD Graphics drivers were added.

1. AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext
  2. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer.kext
  3. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsGLDriver.bundle
  4. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVADriver.bundle
  5. AppleIntelBDWGraphicsVAME.bundle

IDs from Info.plist in AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext:

0x0BD18086 0x0BD28086 0x0BD38086 0x16028086 0x16068086 0x160B8086 0x160A8086 0x160D8086 0x160E8086 0x16128086 0x16168086 0x161B8086 0x161A8086 0x161D8086 0x161E8086 0x16228086 0x16268086 0x162B8086 0x162A8086 0x162D8086 0x162E8086 0x16328086 0x16368086 0x163B8086 0x163A8086 0x163D8086 0x163E8086

Apple announced the new MacBook with a core M 5Y70/5Y71

this means we should be able to get the Yoga 3 pro booting OS X. some guy seems to have already done it, with a few things not working. (theres another thread about it)

10.10.3 has some support (new kexts for Broadwell), but you need to get this Installer (not available on the MAS atm), and then tell us if the kernel is ready (using Clover to deceive unsupported CPU?). but your graphics card will not work for sure...

I have a Yoga 3 Pro, but the M-5Y70 Broadwell.

I would greatly appreciate it when someone could make a specific beginners guide (from partitioning, installing etc. to how to patch and which patches to use + download links/files)

As I'm very new to all this I don't know very much. When by the time I have "figured all this stuff out" I'll post a guide myself. Hopefully one of the more experienced members can do that before me ;)

(One side question: does the WiFi work? Because when I tried to install ubuntu I got into the so-called dependancy hell as the Yoga 3 Pro has no ethernet port and the drivers are unsupported I think)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ltooz_audis
      I got the perfect working macBook Air 7,2 working with Mojave - Everything is working - I do mean even the SD card reader - audio - backlight controlled with keyboards... I'll write up the full tutorial and video how to soon. Love the Mojave, High Sierra was nothing compared to this.
      Cheers,
      Louis

• By Andres ZeroCross
      A. Notebook Specifications
      Name : Asus A455LF-WX159D
      Processor : Intel Core i3 5005U
      IGPU : Intel HD Graphics 5500
      Discrette GPU : Nvidia GT930M
      RAM : 8GB PC12800/1600Mhz
      Wifi Card : Atheros AR9565
      Bios Version : 300
      Audio Codec : Conexant
      Storage : Samsung SSD 850 Evo 500GB
      Boot Mode : UEFI with CSM Disabled

B. How To Install 

I am not good for make a tutorial, so i upload my CLOVER folder (zipped), just use it (overwrite your USB Installer's Clover Folder) Set SATA Controller to AHCI at BIOS Make sure your BIOS version is "300" Set DVMT to 64MB XHC set to "Smart AUTO" C. Make a USB Installer with CreateInstallMedia method, install Clover Bootloader R4423 or above, then delete Clover Folder inside it and replace with mine
      =======
      SPECIAL NOTE
      D. Normally for broadwell IGPU (IHD 5500), you only need to Inject Intel and set ig-platform-id=0x16160002 or 0x16260006. But some notebook will face RANDOM KERNEL PANIC or STUCK at IGPU log (hang) when you inject ig-platform-id. This is not DVMT Pre-Allocation Problem. I found the solution  Just set FakeIGFX to 0x16268086, Tick Inject Intel and set ig-platform-id as 0x16260006 or 0x16160002. Now you will get QE/CI  For me, i set those values at SSDT-1.aml (check my attachment file)
      ======

Whats Working??
      - QE/Ci
      - Audio OUT and Mic
      - Wifi Card
      - LAN Ethernet
      - Battery Indicator
      - Fn + Brightness Button
      - Touchpad
      - Sleep, Restart and Shutdown
      - All USB Port (High Speed and Super Speed)
      - Battery Indicator
      - Etc

Thanks

My Clover Folder's Link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qzvT155DZ1r8cI0ceBW4OjWAEMUu491-

• By ltooz_audis
      After i finished updating macOS High Sierra on HP x360 15-u011dx Haswell HD4400 i7-4510u, I started to update my daughter Dell Inspiron 7352 Broadwell HD5500 i7-5500u. It was a little harder but it works quite nicely. The new Clover is Buggy with the cache that cause "Error loading Kernel Cache..." that I had to re-install the OS. Kernel Panic all the time until I got the config.plist and kexts correctly. Now it's a perfect little 13" MacBook Air7,2. If you have anything thing with a "u" at the end of the CPU, don't use macbook pro, it doesn't do you any good.
      I'll have full tutorial soon.

Make sure to have en0 built-in without Ethernet Built-in

Cheers,
      Louis
    • By ltooz_audis
      I just got a Dell Inspiron 7352 Broadwell i7-5500u HD5500 and made it into a perfect MacBook Air7,2 with everything working. I installed Yosemite, El Capitan and macOS Sierra. Here is how I did it. For those who have no mac to create an 8GB installer, watch the videos.

1. To boot the installer use ig-platform-id 16160006, when everything is done boot with 16260006 for full QE/CI.
      2. Use Rehabman config.plist file and edit some.
      3. Make sure to use all the newest and greatest kexts from Rehabman for perfect running system, especially with macOS Sierra.
      4.Patch ALC255 using AppleALC.kext will get HDMI and all audio ports detection perfectly.
      5. For more information on this laptop.

Choose the MacBook Air 7,2 with SMBIOS MBA71 will run faster with macOS Sierra then SMBIOS MBA72.

-El Capitan on Dell Inspiron 7352 Broadwell i7-5500u

-Create Clover boot partition using BootDiskUtility.

-Extract HFS from macOS Sierra using 7zip command line.

-Create macOS Sierra USB Installer with Clover 3974

-Install macOS Sierra and El Capitan on external usb drive before restore it to the internal hard drive.

-Post macOS Sierra Installation.

-Patch AppleHDA on Realtek ALC255.

-Patch DSDT & SSDT
      The best patches to get this laptop to sleep/wake/audio/HDMI are (we don't need to patch all):
      * Null Ethernet - set a real Mac Address - use the one for the original wifi that will be replaced.

* Rename _DSM to _XDSM.

* Audio Layout id = 13 = 0x0D.

* Pnlf_Haswell_Broadwell.

* Fix WAK Arg0 V2.

* Fix IRQ.

* Fix SMBUS.

* Fix USB3_PRW 0x6D.

* Rename B0D3 to HDAU both DSDT and SSDT.

* Patch _Q1D and _Q1C for backlight keyboard.

-Install El Capitan 10.11.6 to Internal Hard Drive and Clover UEFI.

-Install Fuse to write to NTFS Windows Partition.

-Replace DW1560 Dual band Wifi and Bluetooth 4.0 BCM94352Z.

Cheers,

Louis
    • By NagRaj
      I've a HP Envy 15-k204tx, 5th Gen i7- 5500U ( broadwell ).

Task : Trying to make Sierra work on this laptop. It has Intel HD 5500 Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M (Optimus)

How / What I did :

1) Created a bootable pendrive from the Sierra app downloaded from app store.

2) Installed Clover to pendrive using clover installer.

3) Used clover options like kext-dev-mode=1 nv_disable=1

Issue :

When I boot through the pendrive, I get options for selecting other OSes along with Sierra installer. When I select Sierra installer to start the installation, it comes to a black screen immediately. The problem is it doesn't show any text no matter if i use -v or -x or -s as clover boot options. It is really difficult to know the exact problem due to lack of logs.

Can anybody help?