anonymousnbs

[Video] Intel HD 4600 Full QE/CI In Yosemite

19 posts in this topic

Hello All Member InsanelyMac

Today I made this video patch full qe/ci intel hd 4600 in yosemite

Special thanks all developers and testers helped me complete this video

Kext and config in video 

Advertisement

doesnt work for me.. oh man how can i get this sh***y igpu to work alongside my r9 290??

Basically, what is done here for natively unsupported mobile HD4600 (id 0x0416) is:

1) AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext:

• add mobile HD4600 id 0416 in the Info.plist of the file, i.e. add 0x04168086 in the list of device ids
  • binmod the binary file AppleIntelFramebufferAzul in MacOS subfolder to replace 3D 80 86 12 04 by 3D 86 80 16 04, i.e. replace reference to desktop HD4600 by reference to mobile HD4600

2) AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext:

• add mobile HD4600 id 0416 in the Info.plist of the file, i.e. add 0x04168086 in the list of device ids
  • binmod the binary file AppleIntelHD5000Graphics in MacOS subfolder to replace 3D 80 86 12 04 by 3D 86 80 16 04, i.e. replace reference to desktop HD4600 by reference to mobile HD4600

Thereafter, with Chameleon-related bootloaders, you may inject device-id 04160000 in the DSDT and inject ig-platform-id (say 0600260a, i.e. Azul FB #12 for instance). Beware as some recent versions of Chameleon/Enoch/etc now automatically replace mobile device-id 0416 by desktop device-id 0412.

With Clover, you simply to to "Graphics injector menu", select "InjectIntel" and set "FBConfig" to 0600260a (or any other Azul FB/ig-platform-id value).

What's not mentioned above is the binmod required on the OpenCL library to fix issues in apps like Preview:

• binmod file libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib found in /S/L/Frameworks/OpenCL/Libraries to replace 80 86 12 04 by 80 86 16 04, i.e. replace reference to desktop HD4600 by reference to mobile HD4600 (basically, same as for graphics kexts as detailed above)
  • resign the modified library through Terminal command:
    • sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

No VGA support in OS X for mobile HD4600 in Yosemite. HDMI can require additional binary patching (it does on my Dell E6440).

No VGA support in OS X for mobile HD4600 in Yosemite. HDMI can require additional binary patching (it does on my Dell E6440).

About mavericks, same thing? Or works VGA Out?

HDMI does work, that's not an issue. DP should work too but I have no experience with it on the HD4600 (my laptop has a full HDMI port, no DP port)...

About display port works fine on hd 4600 desktop at yosemite 10.10.1 with IGPEnabler=Yes

whitouth anyone kexts or dsdt injection. Only this bootflag, works and QE/CI full

Kext and config in video 

I'll test tonight on my Lenovo G510 with CPU: i5-4200u (Intel 4600 Graphics) | Ram: 6gb | 320HD
Because i did intall yosemite yesterday but i had no luck with qe/ci even with clover configs.

Mybe this will work

Kext and config in video 

I'll test tonight on my Lenovo G510 with CPU: i5-4200u (Intel 4600 Graphics) | Ram: 6gb | 320HD
Because i did intall yosemite yesterday but i had no luck with qe/ci even with clover configs.

Mybe this will work

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B41dQ9aPSL6iMWVGRUdycnFMc1k/view?usp=sharing

An easier option, which will please Rehabman (for whom the above method is wrong, incorrect and deprecated), is to make use of his FakePCIID + FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 kexts to avoid binmodding the vanilla graphics kexts + OpenCL libraries.

The process includes:

1) inject desktop HD4600 id 0412 to replace/overwrite mobile HD4600 id 0416, either through Clover or through DSDT patch

2) inject Azul framebuffer (ig-platform-id) #12 0x0a260006, either through Clover or through DSDT patch

3) install the above 2 kexts

You may then follow-up with:

4) installation of FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio kext to gain HDMI audio output

5) binmod of IOGraphicsFamily kext or Clover on-the-fly patch to fix the final boot stage screen corruption before OS X desktop appears on, screen

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

After adding a firewire pci-e card (for use with audio interface) the IGPU is no longer QE/CI enabled, any ideas why that might be? nothing else changed in the config

:D .. what is name bootloader u use ?

all good here. had to use platform-id 0d220003 as 0x0300220D didnt work. graphics_intel_hd5k-azul-c-90_patch.command works for me.

VWTO2mj.png

if desktop . i think u need disable ipgu :D use GTX 970

If this thread only applies to the mods illustrated in the introductory posts and video, it should be renamed "mobile HD4600". Desktop issues are now being mixed and will cause confusion to most people who are non-experts.

:D .. what is name bootloader u use ?

if desktop . i think u need disable ipgu :D use GTX 970

Using latest clover. I fixed the issues with my firewire card disabling QE/CI by moving the card to PCIE2 from PCIE1 (also important in bios to set GPU to CPU and not PCIE). I don't have any displayport monitors and I wanted a triple display setup, and now I have one with dvi/hdmi(+audio)/hdmi(+audio) and my firewire audio interface works and the QE/CI is enabled, so all good.