Help, install Yosemite in old Asus, premature self restart/reboot

pasarireng

31 posts in this topic

Hey try the steps as I wrote in my earlier post. It should work on any port.

I don't understand,..I dont think it's the matter of what Graphic Card's port my monitor connected. My monitor is connected to my Graphic Card's DVI port now, but the result was just the same.

:D i see you're running a gt 8400gs and this is a VERY OLD card. it doesn't harmonize very well with Yosemite. But you can try this thread : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/228733-basic-guide-about-nvidia-kexts/ 

I wouldn't expect much with this card on Yosemite. If i would you ill stay on Mavericks.

happy hacking

OSBeast

:D i see you're running a gt 8400gs and this is a VERY OLD card. it doesn't harmonize very well with Yosemite. But you can try this thread : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/228733-basic-guide-about-nvidia-kexts/ 

I wouldn't expect much with this card on Yosemite. If i would you ill stay on Mavericks.

happy hacking

OSBeast

Yes, maybe you're right.

Perhaps I have no hope in Yosemite so I'd have to stay on Mavericks in this machine, before I can buy a new system.

Actually I hate Mavericks on my system now, for it's Finder is so slow. So annoying that I have to replace it's duty with 3rd party app called PathFinder, which is better, but still it's not the same good experience I had with Snow Leopard.

Perhaps it's also because my system is too old already for any OS Xs newer than Snow Leopard.

@ pasarireng

You could try setting up a USB flash drive installer using my nForce Yosemite install guide (ignoring the nForce specific kexts), which I have used to successfully install OS X 10.10.x on my Asus P5Q Pro and Asus P5Q-E MOBOs......:)