AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement panic in Dell XPS 8300

redcoatd

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

New to all this, but struggling to find help to learn how to solve panic on Dell XPS 8300 that I just installed Yosemite on.

I actually posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303791-please-help-panic-on-dell-xps-8300/  but thinking this is a better place to ask.

Could anyone *please* point me in the right direction - I need to figure out how to avoid the panic, but still support Sleep / WOL.

Processor a   Main Circuit Board b 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Hyper-threaded (8 total)   Board: Dell Inc. 0Y2MRG A00
Serial Number: ..CN7360415401D9.
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Dell Inc. A03 02/15/2011

original DSDT and panic screen shot attached.

Would be very grateful for some guidance / help!

cheers!

David

post-1463505-0-34721100-1420865083_thumb.jpg

dsdt.bot.zip

Hi,

New to all this, but struggling to find help to learn how to solve panic on Dell XPS 8300 that I just installed Yosemite on.

I actually posted here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303791-please-help-panic-on-dell-xps-8300/  but thinking this is a better place to ask.

Could anyone *please* point me in the right direction - I need to figure out how to avoid the panic, but still support Sleep / WOL.

Processor a   Main Circuit Board b 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2600

256 kilobyte primary memory cache

1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache

8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache

64-bit ready

Multi-core (4 total)

Hyper-threaded (8 total)   Board: Dell Inc. 0Y2MRG A00

Serial Number: ..CN7360415401D9.

Bus Clock: 100 megahertz

BIOS: Dell Inc. A03 02/15/2011

original DSDT and panic screen shot attached.

Would be very grateful for some guidance / help!

cheers!

David

Hi,

I guess this is a fresh install? - 1. Install NullCPUPowermanagement.kext with KextWizard (or any other tool you have) and

2. rebuilt the kernel cache.

3. You have to boot with "kext-devs-mode=1" or the system will not load unsigned or altered kernel extensions.

After the reboot, you can then patch the SSDT (not your DSDT) with AICPMPatch to get the Speedstepping fully working.

Oh, you can copy the kernel extension with Win, if you have a dual boot system and some driver for Win like Paragon's HFS+ for Windows. Might help a lot... ;-)

Thanks for the replies!!

@kvonlinee: booting with Clover.  I followed this guide to dual boot Yosemite and Win 7 using UEFI, even though I have legacy BIOS: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/303615-guide-install-windows-8-uefi-on-legacy-bios-with-clover-and-dual-boot-with-yosemite/

Hi,

I guess this is a fresh install? - 1. Install NullCPUPowermanagement.kext with KextWizard (or any other tool you have) and

2. rebuilt the kernel cache.

3. You have to boot with "kext-devs-mode=1" or the system will not load unsigned or altered kernel extensions.

After the reboot, you can then patch the SSDT (not your DSDT) with AICPMPatch to get the Speedstepping fully working.

Oh, you can copy the kernel extension with Win, if you have a dual boot system and some driver for Win like Paragon's HFS+ for Windows. Might help a lot... ;-)

Yep, fresh install.

I thought NullCPUPowermanagement prevented Sleep / WOL from working?  I'll try tho :)

I don't follow how exactly I patch the SSDT - what do I do after booting into Windows?

cheers!

David

PS I have intel gigabit ct (82574l) ethernet pci-e card ethernet.

On clover, make sure you enable asuscpu to true, appleLPC to be true, it shout run w/o nullcpu kext.

Load w/o cache and rebuild cache.

Yep,

if you are using Clover then follow kvonlinee's tips. I am using Chameleon to dual boot Yosemite and Win8.1 on non-UEFI BIOS notebook  :-)

On clover, make sure you enable asuscpu to true, appleLPC to be true, it shout run w/o nullcpu kext.

Load w/o cache and rebuild cache.

Thanks!

Loading w/o cache allowed it to load.

Dumb question - how do I rebuild cache?

Next issue:  Ethernet is not showing up - in logs I see "Refusing new kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntel8254XEthernet, v3.1.1b1: already have prelinked v3.1.04b1.

I do have IONetworkingFamily.kext installed for my intel gigabit ct (82574l) ethernet

How do I fix that?!

Grateful for the help...

cheers!

David

Ah, thanks!  I told you I was new to all this ;)

Ok, so I can load via Clover now and ethernet shows up.

The machine goes to sleep, too, but nothing happens when I send magic packet to try and use Wake On Lan.

Also, when I press the power button, the computer wakes up, but monitor is stuck asleep, and I have to power down completely.

How would I go about fixing this?

cheers

David