[SOLVED] ALC887 - No sound

Pica

6 posts in this topic

Hello InsanelyMac community! Happy new year to start of with!

I am a new member and started installing OS X 10.9.5 (Chimera) on my PC yesterday. Already had a {censored}load of problems (boot0, no internet, etc etc) but everything is working now, except the audio.

I have a prebuilt system (Medion system) but I checked the components and all the drivers were available. 

The installation went smooth and I installed my network drivers and some other stuff with ##### (Mavericks Edition) but the audio didn't work. I have tried a lot of drivers but none of them seem to work.

My system specifications are:

CPU: I7 2600

GPU: AMD Radeon 6870

Motherboard: MS-7728 (Medion motherboards are from MSI)

RAM: 8GB 1333mhz

HDD: Seagate 1,5TB

The audio chip is a Realtek ALC887. I have tried everything but I just don't know it anymore. It seem's like there are no devices recognized (I have plugged in different stereo's and headset's on different audio ports). My two Apple TV's are recognized (they are somewhere in the network).

I hope somebody can help me out! Everything works so good and I only need the audio.

Kind regards!

post-1460819-0-06089800-1420114758_thumb.png

post-1460819-0-37683300-1420114763_thumb.png

I tried VoodooHDA which didn't work. After I ran a program called 'Kext Utility' the problem was solved. The program fixed some thing automatically and everything runs fine now! Thanks for the fast response!

post-1460819-0-19371100-1420116813_thumb.png

I tried VoodooHDA which didn't work. After I ran a program called 'Kext Utility' the problem was solved. The program fixed some thing automatically and everything runs fine now! Thanks for the fast response!

If you use VoodooHDA now, is a good idea install Voodooprefpane, this will help you if the sound is distorted.

Thanks for the tip, the audio seems to work fine at the moment but I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to test my microphone soon then we will see if everything work. 

EDIT

Microphone was a bit buggy. Used Voodooprefpane to set my microphone settings. Everything is working as it should right now!

Edited by Pica