GeForce 210 No QE/CI, no DSDT to edit, how to make work?

Jimmiegin

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I have just installed an EVGA nVidia 210 to my Dell OptiPlex 755 sff, installed NVEnabler.kext and its looking muck better and running smoother but of course.... I would like QE/CI.

There are many tutorials about DSDT editing and device IDs and so on but I do not have a DSDT file. I have done all of the usual editing Com.boot.plist with removing/adding/changing Graphics Mode resolution and Graphics Enabler = Yes or no and so on. I tried removing certain other kexts but nothing makes a difference. The only difference made is when I remove NVDANV50Hal.kext that disables my resolutions. So I am now thinking that there must be a relatively simple kext edit to get QE/CI working with my NVidia card. I now have all the original

kexts in S/L/E including NVEnabler.kext.

I have seen tuts on youtube where simply installing the NVEnabler.kext got everything up and running including QE/CI but it didn't work for me :(

Any ideas or previous experience with 755 sff Dell OptiPlex and/or the EVGA GeForce 210 please let me know as I am one final step away from a fully working Hackintosh!

Thanks for reading :)

Tried that :(..... and OSxTools broke my system report. After I used it to edit my sys report, restarted, no "About This Mac" would show!

If there is an updated version that will not break functionality of my install I may try it again but I don't really want to have to go through sorting it out again.

Thanks for the idea though.

I have been looking into maybe using I/O_RegistryEditor. Any tutorials on using that to get my graphics working fully? So far I have only found superficial changes made with it.

• 1 month later...