Pre-release OS X Yosemite 10.10.2

Wayang-NT

120 posts in this topic

i found it strange. not used to it yet.

public betas...

Get used to it. All future OS X releases will be public betas. Yosemite has been in public beta since July 2014, and in contrast to some opinions, the beta is still running :D

Get used to it. All future OS X releases will be public betas. Yosemite has been in public beta since July 2014, and in contrast to some opinions, the beta is still running :D

doesnt bug me at all. it´s just strange...

apple has changed...

doesnt bug me at all. it´s just strange...

Well, it DOES bug me and it is not really strange, just a huge shift of focus. And due to the fact that QC is not remotely as important to Apple as it once was. 10.10 is a great example of this. Just read the comments on the Apple Store ... So if you need OS X for real work, it should bug you too ;)

apple has changed...

Yeah, I know Apple since ca 1989. Yes, they have changed. A lot. They are no longer a Computer Company, but now a maker of entertainment electronics, and that shows.

In former times they have made great tools for professionals, now they make devices mainly intended for consuming, not creating.

Problem: despite of that, OS X is still the best solution (at least for the type of work I am doing). But for how long, and even more important: what will be the alternative? I still do not see one. Linux? Even Windows? Meh.

Apple seeded pre-release OS X Update Beta 10.10.2 build 14C81h ... 

So the developer build is 14C81f.  Is there actually any difference between the two?  I don't know if it's worth downloading and installing a 5 GB version of what appears to be virtually the same build.  Thoughts?

Apple and OS X are the best by far yet. I don´t see anything coming close to beat it.

So the developer build is 14C81f.  Is there actually any difference between the two?  I don't know if it's worth downloading and installing a 5 GB version of what appears to be virtually the same build.  Thoughts?

i think they are the same thing, mate.

Well, it DOES bug me and it is not really strange, just a huge shift of focus. And due to the fact that QC is not remotely as important to Apple as it once was. 10.10 is a great example of this. Just read the comments on the Apple Store ... So if you need OS X for real work, it should bug you too ;)

Yeah, I know Apple since ca 1989. Yes, they have changed. A lot. They are no longer a Computer Company, but now a maker of entertainment electronics, and that shows.

In former times they have made great tools for professionals, now they make devices mainly intended for consuming, not creating.

Problem: despite of that, OS X is still the best solution (at least for the type of work I am doing). But for how long, and even more important: what will be the alternative? I still do not see one. Linux? Even Windows? Meh.

Yes, they have changed and I'm someone who got addicted to Mac for professional reasons, many many years ago. Actually, though bugs or whatever OSX is still unbeatable. I must face Win 8.1 almost everyday for my job and I would burn it and his father in a public square.

Btw hackintosh is the greatest thing that could happen to me for passion, work and fun.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on bluetooth issues? I've upgraded to 10.10.2 (not exactly latest build) and I had panic on bluetooth kexts. Removing the BT adaptor from USB port solved issues but I needed my keyb and my mouse so rolled back to 10.10.1

Kernel panic:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4y5knqi3jyr9at/20150107_152955.jpg?dl=0

Can anyone confirm this issue and report if it is fixed in the current build? Thanks

I had some trouble updating to 14C94b.  I had to reboot about 5-6 times before the installation would start.  But once it installed, all I had to do was enable trim.  I've noticed that my wifi is working better now.  I have a fast internet connection and, on my laptop with Yosemite 10.10.2, download speeds were capped at 1.2 mb/sec.  Since updating, I have gotten download speeds of 4.4 mb/sec.  Connectivity was never an issue for me before and it still is not an issue.

Can you tell me if the kernel was updated in 10.10.2?

...or run in terminal (please):

uname -a
my output in 10.10.1:

14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
Thanks

my output in 10.10.1:

14.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.0.0: Fri Sep 19 00:26:44 PDT 2014; root:xnu-2782.1.97~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

10.10.2 (14C81f)

001.png

14.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.1.0: Fri Dec  5 06:49:27 PST 2014; root:xnu-2782.10.67~9/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
I'm downloading the new one... coming...
  • Like 1