no keyboard and mouse?

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've installed OS X onto a disk of its own using VMWare, and obviously running it under VMWare everything is fine.

But when I reboot and go straight into OS X, it boots up fine but I cannot do anything - neither the keyboard or mouse work.

I have tried a Microsoft wireless desktop USB key & mouse combo (both on the same reciever - 1 USB plug) and also a seperate Dell usb keyboard and usb mouse - same problem with both.

When OS X boots I see a message saying "found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus XX" pop up several times. XX is either 80 or 16, and in total the message comes up on the black screen 10 times.

Can anyone help me here please? Thanks

I installed the AMD Combo and the AMD SSE3 patches

I have tried all the USB ports on my pc, front and back, makes no difference.

I have noticed the the number of times the 'found a transaction which hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus XX' error comes up is equal to the number of USB devices I have plugged in.

Thought Mac stuff was meant to be easy eh! ;)

• 2 months later...

Question for you guys how do you apply these patches ? I am thinking that I boot windows mount the os-x partition using something like

macdrive then apply the update . any other ways to go about this ?

I have the same issue I got through the install no problem usb worked fine then when I reboot for the first time I get a big white window

telling me that I am an idiot and need to plug in the keyboard before begining

oh one more thing. The machine starts to load OS x off the hardisk is there anyway to get it to go to terminal before it finishes booting ?

I am using the Jas 10.4.8 dvd

I heard that this worked in the 10.4.6 release with my hardware so I am trying to pull that down