Clover: No wake with two displays and Intel Integrated Graphics

FuManchu84

9 posts in this topic

I had pretty good success with Clover and Yosemite. But one issue remains: My system doesn't wake up when two displays are connected. Instead of waking up, I get a black screen and after a few seconds it restarts automatically. After the restart OSX tells me that my computer was not shut down properly. I'm using the Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics. I already tried all IGPlatformIDs that I found but either I get display errors or the wake issue. With only one monitor connected everything works fine. 

I have a Haswell System with Gigabyte H87 D3H board that should be pretty compatible. Find my Clover-Config in the attachments. Any ideas?

Here are the IGPlatformIDs I already tried. I noticed that in clover I have to add a "0x" in front of the ID:
0A160000
0A260000
0A260005
0A260006
0A260008
0A2E0008
0C060000
0C160000
0C260000
0D220003
0D260000
0D260007

config.plist.zip

I have the same exact problem with a GTX 670 and internal graphics disabled.  I can sleep fine, but restart immediately upon wake up with OSX Restart error.

EDIT: Just as a test, I decided to try to boot with only 1 monitor and guess what?  Sleep/wake worked.  So it probably isn't directly related to your graphics processor, since I'm using an Nvidia GTX 670.

EDIT 2: After 3 tireless days of trying many different configurations and DSDT settings, I finally solved this problem.  I can now sleep/wake with 3 monitors using discrete graphics (GTX 670).  All I needed to do was properly configure AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.  To do so, I used this custom kext that someone made so that the original one can stay native:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/94318-applenativegpupowermanagement-kext.html

Anyone having issues with sleep/wake reboots with more than 1 screen attached should probably take a look and see if this is the issue at hand.  It was for me and finally solves this 3 day long mystery.

Some of those don’t look like valid ig-platform-id values. Take a look at the table in the wiki: http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/Graphics#ig-platform-id

This list looks like the "old" capri models. That's because I used the list from this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/131937-chimera-hd-graphics-bootflags-igpenabler-igplatformid-igpdeviceid.html

They seem to work with clover but something else must be wrong.

I have the same exact problem with a GTX 670 and internal graphics disabled.  I can sleep fine, but restart immediately upon wake up with OSX Restart error.

EDIT: Just as a test, I decided to try to boot with only 1 monitor and guess what?  Sleep/wake worked.  So it probably isn't directly related to your graphics processor, since I'm using an Nvidia GTX 670.

EDIT 2: After 3 tireless days of trying many different configurations and DSDT settings, I finally solved this problem.  I can now sleep/wake with 3 monitors using discrete graphics (GTX 670).  All I needed to do was properly configure AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.  To do so, I used this custom kext that someone made so that the original one can stay native:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/94318-applenativegpupowermanagement-kext.html

Anyone having issues with sleep/wake reboots with more than 1 screen attached should probably take a look and see if this is the issue at hand.  It was for me and finally solves this 3 day long mystery.

Thanks for the tip. I read through the posts but I admit that I don't really understood what I have to add to the info.plist for it to fit to my system.

Try this kext.

Your DSDT file needs to have "IGPU" specified for this to work.

This seems to be the same kext that CoBrA2168 posted. I don't use a DSDT file at the moment. My config works OOB with Clover except for the wake issue. What exactly do I have to do to get this kext working? Can I get it working without having a dsdt-file?

This seems to be the same kext that CoBrA2168 posted. I don't use a DSDT file at the moment. My config works OOB with Clover except for the wake issue. What exactly do I have to do to get this kext working? Can I get it working without having a dsdt-file?

Yes, I made that kext for you.  Try putting it in your 10.10 folder and see what happens....trying this kext should not cause any issues to your current build.  If for some reason it does, simply remove it from the 10.10 folder and then reboot.

Yes, I made that kext for you.  Try putting it in your 10.10 folder and see what happens....trying this kext should not cause any issues to your current build.  If for some reason it does, simply remove it from the 10.10 folder and then reboot.

Sorry, I didn't see that the other post was also from you. Thanks a lot for your help! Today I tried your kext (I put it in kexts/10.10 folder) but unfortunately it didn't change anything. I tried it with different platform-ids but still the same issues. Either I have display errors or the wake issue... Any more ideas?