Problem with power management

marco.pisellonio80

10 posts in this topic

Hi all. In my desktop in signature I had to install voodoopstate.kext, so now I have temperature max 52-55° and CPU multipler x9. Whitout voodoopstate.kext I had temperature 80-85° and CPU x22.

But the voodoopstate.kext make fails reboot and shutdown. The pc shutdown, but the fans still go and I have to stop manually.

I have patched DSDT (also with fix for shut/reboot) and I never had these problems before voodoopstate.kext installation.

I tried the program Pstatechanger, but nothing change. I also tried evoreboot.kext, but it does'nt works.

I updated my OSX to 10.9.5, but the problem was still before.

Thank you all for your help.

Hi all. In my desktop in signature I had to install voodoopstate.kext, so now I have temperature max 52-55° and CPU multipler x9. Whitout voodoopstate.kext I had temperature 80-85° and CPU x22.

But the voodoopstate.kext make fails reboot and shutdown. The pc shutdown, but the fans still go and I have to stop manually.

I have patched DSDT (also with fix for shut/reboot) and I never had these problems before voodoopstate.kext installation.

I tried the program Pstatechanger, but nothing change. I also tried evoreboot.kext, but it does'nt works.

I updated my OSX to 10.9.5, but the problem was still before.

Thank you all for your help.

did you generate a SSDT.aml using Piker's script?

if your cpu is unsupported a good alternative was using the AICPUPM patch script.

Yes, it's CPU in my signature. I can't generate SSDT script because it's not sandy bridge, but arrandale.

Have I try with this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/132-aicpmpatch/

I have to remove voodoopstate.kext, install AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and apply the patch, right?

It will works with 10.9.5 and 10.10?

I tryed clover, spent a little bit time to config it and it works, the OSX start, shut and reboot properly. But the smbios autodetect an iMac 11,3 that it's perfect, but I can't connect to Apple store. I had the same problem before, and I had to change my smbios to Mac Pro 4,1. Furthermore, audio does'nt work, only via HDMI (Mirone patched me).

At this point, I think it's better to wait another week and try with Yosemite.

Thank you for your help

Bye.