Yosemite AppleHDA HDMI Audio

toleda

323 posts in this topic

@wern apfel

dsdt edits are not correct and not from Post #1.  For support, contact the developer that edited your dsdt.

Alternative, edit native dsdt with Post #1 guide.

dsdt and IOReg are not from the same system.

HDMI device was not connected in attached IOReg,

@wern apfel

dsdt edits are not correct and not from Post #1.  For support, contact the developer that edited your dsdt.

Alternative, edit native dsdt with Post #1 guide.

dsdt and IOReg are not from the same system.

HDMI device was not connected in attached IOReg,

I'm sorry i've uploaded the wrong dsdt, but here an ioreg with plugged in HDMI and another with DP

In the HDMI-ioreg you can see: audio-codec-index and audio-codec-info also audio-selector but no sound output, and no device at HDAU

In the DP-ioreg all is working as it should.

HDMI-DP.zip

HDMI looks correct; do not know why it is not working.

I've played a bit with windows and ubuntu, and find out that there are 3 codec devices, and only the 1st is working witch is DP2, so i need the 3th device, Laptops HDMI jack

Do you now how i can patch that?, only HDMI is important

post-448675-0-44455400-1418915745.jpg

Hi Toleda,

I just did a fresh Yosemite/Clover install: Asus Gryphon Z97 w/4790k. It's a really simple built with 4600 graphics (no discrete card). Everything is working including power management, and internal audio with your HDA patch command. What I can't get to work: audio over HDMI. I've followed your instructions but without luck.

DSDT: When I try editing my DSDT I get "Name already exists in scope" error (see below)

SSDT-1: I've also tried your SSDT-1 but unfortunately that didn't change anything

Clover plist: Not sure if I made all the right edits. Am I supposed to leave all the Framebuffer edits in there or only choose one (I think in my case it would be 0x7)?

Thanks for your help and all the great work!!! 

post-1453378-0-34613500-1419018348_thumb.png

Gryphon Z97.zip

IDo you now how i can patch that?

I do not know how to patch for that.  How do you connect to DP?

DSDT: When I try editing my DSDT I get "Name already exists in scope" error (see below)

You have a native dsdt/HDEF/Method (_DSM.  The complier allows for one _DSM call for a named device; HDEF in this case.  For working OS X audio, _DSM is used to configure the codec.  The HDMI audio edit adds a second _DSM causing the error.  The fix is to delete the following dsdt code:

Scope (_SB.PCI0.HDEF)
    {
        Method (_DSM, 4, Serialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
        {
            Name (T_0, Zero)
            If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
                    {
                        /* 0000 */   0x8D, 0xD9, 0xC5, 0xC5, 0x0E, 0x36, 0xAF, 0x43,
                        /* 0008 */   0xB7, 0xC1, 0x3E, 0xDE, 0x8F, 0x66, 0x9A, 0xD3
                    }))
            {
                ADBG ("Audio Player call")
                While (One)
                {
                    Store (Arg2, T_0)
                    If (LEqual (T_0, Zero))
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg1, Zero))
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x03
                            })
                        }
                        Else
                        {
                            Return (Buffer (One)
                            {
                                 0x00
                            })
                        }
                    }
                    Else
                    {
                        If (LEqual (T_0, One))
                        {
                            If (LEqual (DerefOf (Index (Arg3, Zero)), Zero))
                            {
                                ADBG ("Audio not active")
                                Store (Zero, VBOK)
                            }
                            Else
                            {
                                ADBG ("Audio is active")
                                Store (One, VBOK)
                            }
                        }
                    }

Break
                }

Return (Zero)
            }
            Else
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x00
                })
            }
        }
    }

Apply the HDMI audio dsdt edits, etc.  The native HDEF/_DSM disables the ssdt.

IOReg shows the Azul/port_0x7 patch is required.

I do not know how to patch for that.  How do you connect to DP?

There is a Display-Port on the docking station, connected via DP-to-HDMI adapter to TV

Also tried bin patching AppleHDA with AD198b codec and WM8800, but no changes, others don't work

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Toleda. 

Thanks again for all the contributions to all.

Do you think that the dsdt edit on a 5 series and gtx 650 would effect an upgrade from 9.5 to 10.10?

Everything loads to desktop then video cuts out there. Are there new hdmi dsdt audio patches necessary for 10.10?

Will find out when i try and remove the patch maybe. I see you had a new one in august, though that was before an

official release of 10.10

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

I have a machine, not that one in my sig,   that I like one of you guru can help me with my DSDT, its have no patch attached, so if yo can fix some typical patch  and the HDMI sound fix I would be so happy. 

And I hope I have everything in my zip file, I'm  booting with chameleon.

Thanks!

BR

Peter

Archive.zip

fix some typical patch  and the HDMI sound fix

IOReg and dsdt are not from the same system.  Extract the dsdt and make a copy of IOReg during the same boot.

Find a different framebuffer, Bulrushes does not support HDMI connectors.

Hmm, OK, here is a new try... it shall be a clean DSDT, feel free to add some patches,  and what framebuffer should I try with 

Thanks for your time

is this any help 

kextstat | grep AMD
   54    2 0xffffff7f81d0d000 0x12d000   0x12d000   com.apple.kext.AMDSupport (1.2.8) <53 52 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>
   55    0 0xffffff7f82364000 0x419000   0x419000   com.apple.kext.AMD6000Controller (1.2.8) <54 52 12 11 5 4 3 1>
   58    0 0xffffff7f81eb5000 0x3a8000   0x3a8000   com.apple.AMDRadeonX3000 (1.2.8) <57 52 12 7 5 4 3 1>
   64    0 0xffffff7f8232d000 0x24000    0x24000    com.apple.kext.AMDFramebuffer (1.2.8) <54 52 12 11 7 5 4 3 1>

BR

Peter

System DSDT.aml.zip

Peter’s Mac mini-2.ioreg.zip

Unusual. None of my tools apply.  Try this ssdt; install in Extra/SSDT,.aml.  Reply with IOReg.  Do not expect HDMI audio until you have a working HDMI connector framebuffer.

OK New files , FYI . i did have a bad DSDT file in my Extra folder, this one is deleted now

I have 2 files for you, the Archive2 is the file named to SSDT.aml, the Archive3 is the file named to SSDT-1.aml

Peter

Archive 2.zip

Archive 3.zip

Hi there,

So here's my dilemma. My HDMI audio was working just fine. I have a Nvidia GTX 580 DC II and a Gigabyte Motherboard ex-58-ud5.  I am using a clover boot loader and everything was working great for a few months until yesterday when all of sudden after restarting my computer my hdmi stopped working and the Device from my sound options disappeared. I don't know what happened... the only thing I did was update to the latest clover boot loader 3113. 

I tried everything. Reinstalling and configuring clover, reinstalling applehda and verifying that my audio id is 1 and that my dsdt edit was done too. But I just don't know why it doesn't want to show up. 

This was my last resort and I am hoping someone will be able to help me see what's wrong?

Here are my Troubleshooting attachments as requested on the first page. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3dw2xdysr8h0wlb/AACA47PEPLtfXgdRkPzL3Vhba?dl=0

I would really appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction. 

CHeers!