Calling all 9550 Owners!

Nichael Bluth

10 posts in this topic

I have tried everything possible to get QE and CI on my AGP Sapphire 9550SE, but it just wont work. Im using the Castillo 008 Drivers which allow for res changes, but even modifying the ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin to the castilloFB or adding my device ID (0x4153) to the end of the IOPCIMatch Key in the ATI9700.kext will work.

It either says there is no support, or I get a screen with funky squares that are different colours all over it. I tried AGPgart, but that did nothing either. I've also tried Kovergs patch and z0rzATIScript, but they didnt work either.

How can I get this working? What am I missing?

modifying the ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin to the castilloFB or adding my device ID (0x4153) to the end of the IOPCIMatch Key in the ATI9700.kext will work

Be sure you spell CallistoFB correctly when you add it to the plugin.

Be sure the ID you put into the ATIRadeon9700.kext is correct: it should be: 0x41531002

I wrote this post late at night, so there are a few spelling errors in it, that didnt get made in the actual kext files themselves. Just to be sure, i re-checked. Adding CallistoFB to the ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin did nothing for QE and CI on reboot.

Adding 0x41531002 to the ATIRadeon9700.kext resulted in a garbled screen which looked like the image attatched on reboot.

I've done everything right as far as i know, repaired permissions and deleted kextcaches. How can I get this to work?

post-60000-1160783727_thumb.jpg

I wrote this post late at night, so there are a few spelling errors in it, that didnt get made in the actual kext files themselves. Just to be sure, i re-checked. Adding CallistoFB to the ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin did nothing for QE and CI on reboot.

Adding 0x41531002 to the ATIRadeon9700.kext resulted in a garbled screen which looked like the image attatched on reboot.

I've done everything right as far as i know, repaired permissions and deleted kextcaches. How can I get this to work?

Come to the irc channel for help and I will build you a package to get it working.

• 4 months later...