Need help reconfiguring wireless

Mirko

6 posts in this topic

Hello. I'm a newbie in MAC OS (which is why I've gotten into this). I've just installed JaS 10.4.6 in my Gateway 7422GX notebook (AMD Athlon 64 XP, VIA K8T800 chipset, ATI Radeon 9550, Broadcom 4306 wireless).

Unfortunately upon booting for the first time, the script ran asking for the wireless configuration and I had forgotten the WEP key (I had made it out of random characters) so I skipped it. Once at the desktop, I took the notebook to the router, but it didn't recognize my ethernet (wired) network card.

I tried to find the wireless configuration script, but no success. The Network Assistant kept trying to configure the wireless card as a wired ethernet (ie. asking for DHCP and such but not trying to look for APs).

Because I was completely unplugged (no wireless nor wired) I swaped into the XP disk again and wrote down the WEP key, but before using my OS X again I need to know how to get the JaS to look for wireless networks again.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, there was the triangular arc, but upon clicking it it started searching for the AirPort interface (which I don't have) and quit afterwards. What puzzles me is that the wireless configuration that greeted me upon booting for the first time had, in fact, detected all the SSIDs; which tells me it did work. But I don't know how to summon it again.

What's the rest of work I shall do?

It worked! Thanks a lot.

What puzzles me is that the OS does not seem to recognize the ethernet adapter nor any USB port (cannot use the mouse, must rely on the pad only). Everything else works fine. What can it be?

Try the en0 -> en1 trick: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=147548

If you have 2 ethernet devices, then en0 -> en2 and integer 0 to 2

It worked! Thanks a lot.

What puzzles me is that the OS does not seem to recognize the ethernet adapter nor any USB port (cannot use the mouse, must rely on the pad only). Everything else works fine. What can it be?

Try using IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.4.3.

By the way, do you have an Acer Ferrari 3400? Sounds like you're having the exact same issues I was having. And if you are, keep an eye out for any Broadcom NetXtreme drivers to get ethernet working. Last I heard there weren't any, but I didn't keep up with it much since it wasn't an issue to me.

Edit: Nevermind, re-read your first post ^^. But still, looks like your gateway uses a lot of the same hardware my Acer did.