Intel HD 3000 no graphics

bbm21

156 posts in this topic

This is the result, still stuck on Bluetooth message.

Post actual files you have in your /Extra folder. Not the files you believe to be there, but the actual files you have there.

• Like 1

Post actual files you have in your /Extra folder. Not the files you believe to be there, but the actual files you have there.

Ok here goes:

.DS_Store
DSDT.aml
Extensions
org.chameleon.Boot.plist
SMBios.plist
Themes

In Extensions:
.DS_Store
FakeSMC.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

In Themes:
.DS_Store

a bunch of png pix

that's its

and Extensions in S/L/E the only one I added for now is:

AnyUSBDVD.kext

all the rest are Apple Vanilla.

Hello

Chipset 7 series is used in Mac for HD 4000, 6 series is used in HD 3000

Maybe a conflit in ChipsetXGraphic causing the problem... because you have HM77 as rehabbman said....

You can try adjust it, make this:

Edit key IOPCIPrimaryMatch inside AppleIntelMEIDriver in kext AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - 0x1C3A8086

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext - 0x1E3A8086

If I change DevID, I get duplicate kext problem fail to load for one of them.

Ok here goes:

.DS_Store

DSDT.aml

Extensions

org.chameleon.Boot.plist

SMBios.plist

Themes

In Extensions:

.DS_Store

FakeSMC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

In Themes:

.DS_Store

a bunch of png pix

that's its

and Extensions in S/L/E the only one I added for now is:

AnyUSBDVD.kext

all the rest are Apple Vanilla.

No.... I mean actually ZIP the folder up (less Themes and Extensions) and post as an attachment.

If I change DevID, I get duplicate kext problem fail to load for one of them.

Yes, it is because the DSDT patch is working. Reversing the IDs in the Info.plist files gets you back to the original problem (using the two techniques together cancel each other out).

• Like 1

Yes, I covered this issue in a previous post. The problem with patching the kexts is that it will break as soon as the kexts are updated by a system update.

DSDT patch is a better way as it is resilient to OS X updates.

bgrau is getting closer... All the mistakes now are from previous mistakes...

- not realizing why the conflict of HD3000 on 7-series needs to be resolved

- not realizing that DualLink is necessary for 1080p

- deleting kexts on the USB not realizing that deleted kexts from USB are omitted/incomplete in the final install

- restoring the kexts to the USB, but setting permissions incorrectly such that those incorrect permissions carried over into the final install

:-)

What I am going to do is build a new usb from what I learnt so far from the last OS Install I downloaded, since I now have all the resources to do so properly, without having to put back kexts i deleted, and it will hopefully be 10.9.5 as I believe it is.

It will have to be tomorrow, I am tired now ;)

will keep you posted.

If you have an other suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

No.... I mean actually ZIP the folder up (less Themes and Extensions) and post as an attachment.

Yes, it is because the DSDT patch is working. Reversing the IDs in the Info.plist files gets you back to the original problem (using the two techniques together cancel each other out).

er. I attached already the dsdt.aml. chameleon plist and smbios plist, that is all there is.

if you want them in one single zip, np.

here:

4rehab.zip

What I am going to do is build a new usb from what I learnt so far from the last OS Install I downloaded, since I now have all the resources to do so properly, without having to put back kexts i deleted, and it will hopefully be 10.9.5 as I believe it is.

I think that is a good plan.

er. I attached already the dsdt.aml. chameleon plist and smbios plist, that is all there is.

I know you did, but I wanted you to actually go to your /Extra folder and collect all the files from there. Mostly I was interested if you had dart=0 in your boot.plist. You'd be surprised by the number of times people think they have certain files (with certain content) in /Extra but actually don't.

I would eliminate most of the Kernel Flags you have. Only the ones you plan on using permanently should be there (dart=0). The others can be entered as necessary at the bootloader screen. Also DSDT and SMBIOS are redundant -- these files are already loaded from /Extra/dsdt.aml and /Extra/smbios.plist by default. Same goes for Kernel. Also, I honestly do not know what 'SMBIOSdefaults' does... I've never used it.

Also, it is best to implement native power management as soon as possible (get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement).

Hopefully, starting over will help solve the problem...

I think that is a good plan.

I know you did, but I wanted you to actually go to your /Extra folder and collect all the files from there. Mostly I was interested if you had dart=0 in your boot.plist. You'd be surprised by the number of times people think they have certain files (with certain content) in /Extra but actually don't.

I would eliminate most of the Kernel Flags you have. Only the ones you plan on using permanently should be there (dart=0). The others can be entered as necessary at the bootloader screen. Also DSDT and SMBIOS are redundant -- these files are already loaded from /Extra/dsdt.aml and /Extra/smbios.plist by default. Same goes for Kernel. Also, I honestly do not know what 'SMBIOSdefaults' does... I've never used it.

Also, it is best to implement native power management as soon as possible (get rid of NullCPUPowerManagement).

Hopefully, starting over will help solve the problem...

Sad to report, but the usb install stays stuck the same way the O/S does, after the Bluetooth message, so it has nothing to do with the 10.9.4 vs. 10.9.5 installation.

In the previous built usb, because of permissions, SNB was not attempted to be loaded, and so I could access the graphics install screen.

In the newly built usb, which I left untouched (not removing the Intel graphics kexts as before, and then putting them back), it stays stuck.

I have two observations:

1. It all boils down to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, its removal or the removal of the plists inside will let me access the gui, both in installation and in the final resulting O/S.

2. in the Info.plist of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, there was an error on the listing of devices like this:

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>0x01068086 0x11068086 0x16018086 01168086 01268086</string>

you notice the last two devices are missing 0x.

I corrected that to 

<string>0x01068086 0x11068086 0x16018086 0x01168086 0x01268086</string>

but no change.

As a result, there needs more than the DSDT patch to correct loading  of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, because they do not seem to be enough to fool the system into thinking it is operating on 
a 0x1C3A8086 instead of the actual 0x1E3A8086.

Swapping these between Capri and SNB does not work, if keeping DSDT.aml will give duplicate error message, if remove DSDT.aml, will keep stuck at Bluetooth the same way.

This is far from solved, and Acer W700 HM77 is a tough nut to crack.

On a side note, it is very good with Android 4.4.2, ChromeOS and Ubuntu ;)

The other thing, I am using legacy mode for OS X, maybe UEFI mode would be better, but I could not get OS X recognised with Clover (it does recognise Ubuntu though through Clover)...

If you do not have another idea on how to proceed, I will leave this to rest, with the result that it cannot be solved, only partially by disabling AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.

On my PC C2D, all flavours of OS X from 10.6 onwards work beautifully, but it would have been nice to have a portable OS X ;)

Sad to report, but the usb install stays stuck the same way the O/S does, after the Bluetooth message, so it has nothing to do with the 10.9.4 vs. 10.9.5 installation.

In the previous built usb, because of permissions, SNB was not attempted to be loaded, and so I could access the graphics install screen.

In the newly built usb, which I left untouched (not removing the Intel graphics kexts as before, and then putting them back), it stays stuck.

I have two observations:

1. It all boils down to AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, its removal or the removal of the plists inside will let me access the gui, both in installation and in the final resulting O/S.

2. in the Info.plist of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, there was an error on the listing of devices like this:

<string>0x01068086 0x11068086 0x16018086 01168086 01268086</string>

you notice the last two devices are missing 0x.

I corrected that to 

<string>0x01068086 0x11068086 0x16018086 0x01168086 0x01268086</string>

but no change.

It is not an error. It works either with or without the 0x. But by editing the file, you may have broken the permissions.

As a result, there needs more than the DSDT patch to correct loading  of AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext, because they do not seem to be enough to fool the system into thinking it is operating on 

a 0x1C3A8086 instead of the actual 0x1E3A8086.

The the DSDT patch (or kext plist edit) will solve only that one single problem. It could be your system has other problems you have yet to solve...

It is not an error. It works either with or without the 0x. But by editing the file, you may have broken the permissions.

The the DSDT patch (or kext plist edit) will solve only that one single problem. It could be your system has other problems you have yet to solve...

I do keep backups of kexts before I make changes, and use Pacifist to recover from original sources too, and broken permissions can get repaired.

The system is minimal, nothing added but from the usb vanilla install posted above.

Is there one single instance of a peep who managed to get this working on Acer W700 HM77? There are cases when it is just a lack of compatibility.

I have an old Dell Dimension 8300, P4, and the best I can run on it with QE/CI is Snow Leo 10.6.

On the other hand, my Dell Dimension 9200 C2D is very forgiving, and I can get it to run with no fuss all flavours of OS X from 10.6 onwards.

I scoured most hackintosh like boards and there is not one single mention of someone managing to get QE/CI on Acer W700 with HM77 using DSDT or kexts editing, or a combination of both.

So in my view, it is not solvable. Until someone proves me otherwise, or get me the resources/advice to make it so ;)

So in my view, it is not solvable. Until someone proves me otherwise, or get me the resources/advice to make it so ;)

At one point, you had the framebuffer working during installation (with DSDT patch, native kexts). But then the next time you tried, it didn't work. This suggests to me the second time you did something wrong. I can't tell from here what it might be.

HD3000 on 7-series is a known problem with several known solutions which all accomplish the same thing. It is not a mystery.

You have the added complexity of a 1080p screen. But that solution is known as well (inject AAPL,snb-platform-id and AAPL,DualLink).

Good luck.

At one point, you had the framebuffer working during installation (with DSDT patch, native kexts). But then the next time you tried, it didn't work. This suggests to me the second time you did something wrong. I can't tell from here what it might be.

HD3000 on 7-series is a known problem with several known solutions which all accomplish the same thing. It is not a mystery.

You have the added complexity of a 1080p screen. But that solution is known as well (inject AAPL,snb-platform-id and AAPL,DualLink).

Good luck.

The Installer that worked gave 10.9.4 as I told you, and I removed all Intel graphics kexts, then installed.

After that, I put back all the kexts removed, and used the patched DSDT so it was back to vanilla, but with no permissions, so it was as if the Intel graphics kexts were not there.

The last installer I made was using the 10.9.5 os x install from the Apple Mac Store, and I used exactly the same method to build the usb, all vanilla, put smbios.plist of MBP8.1 and the patched DSDT

with a minimal Chameleon plist as the last one.

It got stuck on Bluetooth loading.

when i got an acer with hm77 and hd3k for graphics, i simply use mbp 8,1 smbios, ge=yes and the patch provided by rehabman.

OK, but is it the Acer W700 HM77 tablet?

Also I noticed that Bluetooth wiil not finally load until it passes the graphics hurdle before loading the GUI, so maybe I can try removing all bluetooth kexts?

It is strange that it recognises Bluetooth from the Atheros chip, but not the wifi which is integrated with it.

The Installer that worked gave 10.9.4 as I told you, and I removed all Intel graphics kexts, then installed.

After that, I put back all the kexts removed, and used the patched DSDT so it was back to vanilla, but with no permissions, so it was as if the Intel graphics kexts were not there.

The last installer I made was using the 10.9.5 os x install from the Apple Mac Store, and I used exactly the same method to build the usb, all vanilla, put smbios.plist of MBP8.1 and the patched DSDT

with a minimal Chameleon plist as the last one.

It got stuck on Bluetooth loading.

Try plugging a monitor into HDMI. It is likely you have some other issue (may need to do EDID inject).

OK, but is it the Acer W700 HM77 tablet?

Also I noticed that Bluetooth wiil not finally load until it passes the graphics hurdle before loading the GUI, so maybe I can try removing all bluetooth kexts?

The problem is graphics, not BT.

It is strange that it recognises Bluetooth from the Atheros chip, but not the wifi which is integrated with it.

Not strange. BT and WiFi are separate devices on separate bus (WiFi on PCIe, BT on USB).

• Like 1

Try plugging a monitor into HDMI. It is likely you have some other issue (may need to do EDID inject).

Not strange. BT and WiFi are separate devices on separate bus (WiFi on PCIe, BT on USB).

I was thinking about an EDID inject, actually.

You were  absolutely correct, it is the screen, so I need to inject the EDID of the W700 screen

I am very excited about this, lol! :)

Posting the specs in a min while I get the wifi dongle running.

The EDID, I will need a DSDT patch I presume, if I remember I did one for this screen and NVidia using AIDA to plug out the EDID of the screen.

I was thinking about an EDID inject, actually.

There is an EDID injection patch on my repo: "Generic with EDID"

You could also try a few other things:

- try without DualLink (I've never seen a 1080p display that isn't dual-link, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible).

- try without snb-platform-id inject (HD3000 will use the default framebuffer)

- try different values for snb-platform-id (dump the framebuffer so you know what IDs are possible)

- may even need a patch of framebuffer

- check to see that your display is connected via LVDS (eDP is not supported by HD3000 drivers in OS X)

- brightness control can fix issues sometimes... ("Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000)" from my repo, and my version of ACPIBacklight.kext)

- also, try "Graphics Mode"=1920x1080x32 bootloader flag.

- dart=0

You were  absolutely correct, it is the screen, so I need to inject the EDID of the W700 screen

I am very excited about this, lol! :)

Did HDMI monitor show a signal?

• Like 1

Did HDMI monitor show a signal?

Yes!

I am typing from the Acer hooked to an HDMI monitor, with full QE / CI.

Here are the specs shown:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i3

Processor Speed: 1.40 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 2

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP81.0047.B0E

SMC Version (system): 1.30f3

Serial Number (system): xxx

Hardware UUID: xxx

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 384 MB

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 10

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0116

Revision ID: 0x0009

Displays:

D2343:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz (1080p)

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Display Serial Number:            

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Television: Yes

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)

Kernel Version: Darwin 13.4.0

Boot Volume: MAVRCK

Boot Mode: Normal

@RehabMan

What I now need to operate it from the Acer screen is to inject its EDID.

Yes!

I am typing from the Acer hooked to an HDMI monitor, with full QE / CI.

@RehabMan

What I now need to operate it from the Acer screen is to inject its EDID.

You can try EDID inject and all the other things in post #117. First on the list would be to try setting "Graphics Mode"=1920x1080x32.

Also, post ioreg using IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

• Like 1

You can try EDID inject and all the other things in post #117. First on the list would be to try setting "Graphics Mode"=1920x1080x32.

Also, post ioreg using IORegistryExplorer v2.1.

OK,

getting the utilities set up.

-

Here is the reg dump.

1920x1080 can be crossed off the list, already done.

and new system log:

Acer-HDMI-MacBook-Pro.reg.zip

system.log.zip

It took me a while to find the easiest app to get a hex dump of the edid for Acer W700.

the one I used before crashes (RW all)

so here is the edid and the report which also gives a hex listing of the dump.

Now I need to try and remember how I put it in your patch... :(

You can convert it to the correct format for ACPI buffer syntax with:

xxd -i <EDID-AUO305D.bin
After that it is simple matter of copy/paste.
  • Like 1

xxd -i <EDID-AUO305D.bin

xxd -i <EDID-AUO305D.bin

er. do I just copy & paste the result in the patch window in macIASL? and then apply, then save into aml?

er. do I just copy & paste the result in the patch window in macIASL? and then apply, then save into aml?

You have to copy the output from the xxd command into the correct place in the patch, then apply the patch.

You have to copy the output from the xxd command into the correct place in the patch, then apply the patch.

I will try without the \n 's.

Can you please quickly check the new dsdt with the patched edid?

I pasted this result from the command:

0x00, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0xff, 0x00, 0x06, 0xaf, 0x5d, 0x30,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x16, 0x01, 0x04, 0x95, 0x1a, 0x0e, 0xff,

0x2f, 0x00, 0x00, 0xa0, 0x57, 0x49, 0x9b, 0x26, 0x10, 0x48, 0x4f, 0x00,

0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01,

0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x1d, 0x36, 0x80, 0xa0, 0x70, 0x38,

0x1e, 0x40, 0x30, 0x20, 0x8e, 0x00, 0x00, 0x90, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x18,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xfd, 0x00, 0x3c, 0x3c, 0x28, 0x28, 0x0e, 0x00, 0x00,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00,

0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x24