Intel HD 3000 no graphics

bbm21

156 posts in this topic

Mac App Store download will provide 10.9.5.

You need to use your own DSDT, not some DSDT from another computer. If there are errors in the native DSDT, you'll need to fix them. There are some very common errors that are easily fixed with patches in my repo.

If you need further help, post your /Extra/smbios.plist, /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, native DSDT.aml, and patched /Extra/DSDT.aml and also a photo of verbose boot.

I will do that, but I will have to remove the SNBFramebuffer kext, as otherwise it will not allow me to go to GUI.

This is what I did before with my Dell Dimension 9200 (documented here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293389-on-dell-dimension-9200-with-voodoohda-sigmatel-9277-amd-hd-6850/)

and well, I downloaded the Mac App Store OS X Mavericks, and it gave me when I installed it 10.9.4,

which is not a problem since I have the 10.9.5 combo update.

I will do that, but I will have to remove the SNBFramebuffer kext, as otherwise it will not allow me to go to GUI.

This is what I did before with my Dell Dimension 9200 (documented here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293389-on-dell-dimension-9200-with-voodoohda-sigmatel-9277-amd-hd-6850/)

and well, I downloaded the Mac App Store OS X Mavericks, and it gave me when I installed it 10.9.4,

which is not a problem since I have the 10.9.5 combo update.

The current MAS download is 10.9.5. If you end up with something else, you're doing something wrong.

The current MAS download is 10.9.5. If you end up with something else, you're doing something wrong.

I just followed the usb guide I posted earlier, and downloaded from the Mac app store using my ID, from Mountain Lion.

I just followed the usb guide I posted earlier, and downloaded from the Mac app store using my ID, from Mountain Lion.

Make sure you deleted any previous "Install OS X Mavericks.app" before downloading. Including any that might be in the trash or elsewhere on your system.

Make sure you deleted any previous "Install OS X Mavericks.app" before downloading. Including any that might be in the trash or elsewhere on your system.

This is a non issue, I have successfully installed Mavericks on my PC using "Install OS X Mavericks.app" version 10.9.0

The only version I have on my system was that one, and it was not overwritten, the one I downloaded was a new one, which gave 10.9.4.

Here are the versions:

10.9.0: Version: 1.3.33

Last I got: Version: 1.3.44 - this gave when I installed through the usb method, 10.9.4

They are clearly different.

But it is a non issue, maybe the UK server has not been updated to the 10.9.5, and we get this through automatic update.

and FWIW, I am again downloading from the Mac Store from Lion now, LOL!

But I don't think I will get newer than 1.3.44 Install version.

But it is a non issue, maybe the UK server has not been updated to the 10.9.5, and we get this through automatic update.

Maybe... I guess you'll find out...

Other notes:

1) Although I haven't tested it to be conclusive, I think the "SNB did not show up... unload" is likely coming from the AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext and indicates that it loaded, but AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext didn't load. The cause of this might be further explained by other messages in the verbose log, or it could be a permissions issue, or the kext is not installed, etc, etc.

2) There are many other steps you could do wrong or omit to create a situation where the framebuffer will not load...

Note: #1 confirmed:

Speedy-ML:Downloads Admin$ strings /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics |grep "SNB"
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB
%s: SNB framebuffer did not show up!
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

Other notes:

1) Although I haven't tested it to be conclusive, I think the "SNB did not show up... unload" is likely coming from the AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext and indicates that it loaded, but AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext didn't load. The cause of this might be further explained by other messages in the verbose log, or it could be a permissions issue, or the kext is not installed, etc, etc.

2) There are many other steps you could do wrong or omit to create a situation where the framebuffer will not load...

Speedy-ML:Downloads Admin$ strings /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelHD3000Graphics |grep "SNB"
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

Other notes:

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

LOL! I will zip all instances of Mavericks Install and delete the originals, and see if I get the elusive for me 10.9.5 ;)

I am a hoarder (OCD)

Now I got the DSDT.aml from your macIASL (I removed one error which came from declaring the same variable twice.

I used your patches the DTGP one and the 2.06 HD3000 on 7-series.

I could also use the 2.02 HD3000 High Resolution, but am holding on for now (Acer W700 native max resolution is 1920x1080)

So here are a few files zipped:

please note 

MacBook Pro81.ioreg.zip is labeled MacBook Pro81, as the ioreg idenifies from the the smbios.plist.

I hope you can help ;)

DSDT.aml.zip

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

SMBios.plist.zip

MacBook Pro81.ioreg.zip

system.log.zip

LOL! I will zip all instances of Mavericks Install and delete the originals, and see if I get the elusive for me 10.9.5 ;)

I am a hoarder (OCD)

Now I got the DSDT.aml from your macIASL (I removed one error which came from declaring the same variable twice.

I used your patches the DTGP one and the 2.06 HD3000 on 7-series.

I could also use the 2.02 HD3000 High Resolution, but am holding on for now (Acer W700 native max resolution is 1920x1080)

So here are a few files zipped:

You will *need* "HD3000 High Resolution" because of your 1080p screen. With your hardware, it is not optional.

Also, avoid deleting any kexts to reach the installer. Use a patched DSDT in /Extra/dsdt.aml for the installer USB as well as your final install.

You will *need* "HD3000 High Resolution" because of your 1080p screen. With your hardware, it is not optional.

Also, avoid deleting any kexts to reach the installer. Use a patched DSDT in /Extra/dsdt.aml for the installer USB as well as your final install.

I will try, but I could not reach the installer without removing ApplelntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, and all Intel Graphics kexts, he first gave me kernel pancis, the Intel graphics would not let the installer load, it stays stuck at a Bluetooth load mesaage.

Maybe with the patched DSDT...

new ioreg with rebot after dsdt patch

MacBook Pro81_2.ioreg.zip

I will try, but I could not reach the installer without removing ApplelntelCPUPowermanagement.kext, and all Intel Graphics kexts, he first gave me kernel pancis, the Intel graphics would not let the installer load, it stays stuck at a Bluetooth load mesaage.

Maybe with the patched DSDT...

Use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to work around AICPUPM panic.

With a correctly patched DSDT, the installer will load with HD3000 graphics, just as your main install... Without a correctly patched DSDT, because of 1080p requiring "DualLink" inject, no chance...

Keep in mind the OS X installer runs on OS X.

Also, realize that any kexts you remove from the USB are omitted (or incomplete) in your final installation.

• Like 1

Use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to work around AICPUPM panic.

With a correctly patched DSDT, the installer will load with HD3000 graphics, just as your main install... Without a correctly patched DSDT, because of 1080p requiring "DualLink" inject, no chance...

Keep in mind the OS X installer runs on OS X.

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext would not stop the kernel panic, which I found odd. Maybe I need a newer version? It works on my PC, and works after it is installed, but not with the installer, either the 10.9.0 or the latest I downloaded 10.9.4.

Here is the DSDT.aml with the HD3000 res patch, I am going to reboot with it with the SNB kext put back in S/L/E.

DSDT.aml2.zip

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext would not stop the kernel panic, which I found odd.

Probably because you're using it improperly. Install to /Extra/Extensions on the USB. Use "-f UseKernelCache=No".

Maybe I need a newer version? It works on my PC, and works after it is installed, but not with the installer, either the 10.9.0 or the latest I downloaded 10.9.4.

Here is the DSDT.aml with the HD3000 res patch, I am going to reboot with it with the SNB kext put back in S/L/E.

DSDT looks good (assuming it is based on your native DSDT). Make sure permissions on the kext are set correctly.

Please note that when you use DSDT to do graphics injection, you should use GraphicsEnabler=No.

• Like 1

Probably because you're using it improperly. Install to /Extra/Extensions on the USB. Use "-f UseKernelCache=No".

DSDT looks good (assuming it is based on your native DSDT). Make sure permissions on the kext are set correctly.

Please note that when you use DSDT to do graphics injection, you should use GraphicsEnabler=No.

Hey dude,

I am pleased to say that it managed to install by following your last recommendations, so the SNB Framebuffer was successfully loaded in the install process.

Just putting the final touches to the install, by copying over the successful /Extra from the usb, and installing chameleon to the installation, keeping it as slim as possible, until it is 100% OK to add stuff.

Hopefully, it might work... :P

I will post the final bits.

@RehabMan

Well, not quite.

Rebooting into OS X still gave again the message of SNB unloading :(

When inside, I deleted cache and repaired permissions and rebooted.

Now it stays stuck at Bluetooth loading :(

So the installer does not complain anymore and goes straight to graphics, without error messages to do with graphics.

But not the final install, which now gets stuck, and stays stuck. Also I noticed that only these Intel graphics files are present in the installer S/L/E extensions:

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext
AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle
AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext
AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

Also, from Lion, I got the OS X Install version 1.3.46, so that must be 10.9.5, I wonder why they short changed me 10.9.4 (1.3.44) when I downloaded it from Mountain Lion.

They are now more clever and hide it very well.

So what can I now do?

@RehabMan

Well, not quite.

Rebooting into OS X still gave again the message of SNB unloading :(

When inside, I deleted cache and repaired permissions and rebooted.

Now it stays stuck at Bluetooth loading :(

Post quality photo of the entire screen. Also post /Extra/DSDT.aml, /Extra/smbios.plist, and /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

So the installer does not complain anymore and goes straight to graphics, without error messages to do with graphics.

But not the final install, which now gets stuck, and stays stuck. Also I noticed that only these Intel graphics files are present in the installer S/L/E extensions:

AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelSNBVA.bundle

You're missing quite a few different Intel kexts (AppleIntelHD*)... Did you delete them at some point from the USB?

Post quality photo of the entire screen. Also post /Extra/DSDT.aml, /Extra/smbios.plist, and /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

You're missing quite a few different Intel kexts (AppleIntelHD*)... Did you delete them at some point from the USB?

No that was the BaseSystem dmg that only contained these kexts, which we use to make the usb, the rest are in the packages and get installed later on.

They are all available in the final install of course.

Quality photo of the entire screen, that will be fun :)

No that was the BaseSystem dmg that only contained these kexts, which we use to make the usb, the rest are in the packages and get installed later on.

They are all available in the final install of course.

Yes, that is normal. The installer runs with only CI, no QE.

@RehabMan

OK I post the easy bits from my PC:

Please note that I added some more kernel flags like dart=0, to try to get it unstuck.

I kept the chameleon plist to a minimum.

the DSDT is same as last one, as did not change anything after the patches you told me, including DTGP.

You want the log sys file?

Yes, that is normal. The installer runs with only CI, no QE.

There seems to be a conflict between the SNB framebuffer and the normal Intel HD3000 kext.

When either of them is not present it loads, but when together it gets stuck.

log sys included, no worries ;)

org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

SMBios.plist.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

system.log.zip

@RehabMan

OK I post the easy bits from my PC:

Please note that I added some more kernel flags like dart=0, to try to get it unstuck.

I kept the chameleon plist to a minimum.

the DSDT is same as last one, as did not change anything after the patches you told me, including DTGP.

You want the log sys file?

There seems to be a conflict between the SNB framebuffer and the normal Intel HD3000 kext.

When either of them is not present it loads, but when together it gets stuck.

log sys included, no worries ;)

You have a permissions issue... from system.log:

Oct 11 13:21:31 localhost com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - authentication problems.
Oct 11 13:21:31 localhost com.apple.kextd[12]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed; removing personalities from kernel.

Hello

Only a question: What's your chipset???

Post #52 shows HM77.

Hello

Only a question: What's your chipset???

er.

here: sandybridge i3 Intel.

ProductName  : Mac OS X ProductVersion: 10.9.5 BuildVersion: 13F34

Bootargs     : -v npci=0x2000 darkwake=0 dart=0 

Kernel       : Darwin Kernel Version 13.4.0: Sun Aug 17 19:50:11 PDT 2014

Model ID     : MacBookPro8,1 KernelMode: x86_64

CPU TYPE     : Intel® Core i3-2365M CPU @ 1.40GHz

CPU ID       : Ox206A7 (132775) 

Cores        : 2 Cores, 4 Threads @ 2500MHz Bus: 25MHz FSB: 100MHz

Caches       : L1i:32Kb L1d:32Kb L2:256Kb L3:3072Kb

CPU Features : FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR PAE MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT PSE36 CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 SS HTT TM PBE SSE3 PCLMULQDQ DTES64 MON DSCPL VMX EST TM2 SSSE3 CX16 TPR PDCM SSE4.1 SSE4.2 x2APIC POPCNT PCID XSAVE OSXSAVE TSCTMR AVX1.0 SYSCALL XD EM64T LAHF RDTSCP TSCI 

You have a permissions issue... from system.log:

Oct 11 13:21:31 localhost com.apple.kextd[12]: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - authentication problems.
Oct 11 13:21:31 localhost com.apple.kextd[12]: Load com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failed; removing personalities from kernel.
Post #52 shows HM77.

Yes exactly HM77.

So how do I resolve the permission issue?

I am trying these commands:

bash-3.2# chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

bash-3.2# chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions

bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions

and repairing permissions ;)

So how do I resolve the permission issue?

I am trying these commands:

bash-3.2# chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

bash-3.2# chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions

bash-3.2# chmod -R 755 /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions

bash-3.2# touch /Volumes/MAVRCK/System/Library/Extensions

and repairing permissions ;)

Repair Permissions from Disk Utility.

• Like 1

Hello

Chipset 7 series is used in Mac for HD 4000, 6 series is used in HD 3000

Maybe a conflit in ChipsetXGraphic causing the problem... because you have HM77 as rehabbman said....

You can try adjust it, make this:

Edit key IOPCIPrimaryMatch inside AppleIntelMEIDriver in kext AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - 0x1C3A8086

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext - 0x1E3A8086

Hello

Chipset 7 series is used in Mac for HD 4000, 6 series is used in HD 3000

Maybe a conflit in ChipsetXGraphic causing the problem... because you have HM77 as rehabbman said....

You can try adjust it, make this:

Edit key IOPCIPrimaryMatch inside AppleIntelMEIDriver in kext AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext - 0x1C3A8086

AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext - 0x1E3A8086

Yes, I covered this issue in a previous post. The problem with patching the kexts is that it will break as soon as the kexts are updated by a system update.

DSDT patch is a better way as it is resilient to OS X updates.

bgrau is getting closer... All the mistakes now are from previous mistakes...

- not realizing why the conflict of HD3000 on 7-series needs to be resolved

- not realizing that DualLink is necessary for 1080p

- deleting kexts on the USB not realizing that deleted kexts from USB are omitted/incomplete in the final install

- restoring the kexts to the USB, but setting permissions incorrectly such that those incorrect permissions carried over into the final install

:-)

• Like 2