Intel HD 3000 no graphics

bbm21

156 posts in this topic

OK ya it wasn't. This time I used linux to get my default DSDT, and then patched them correctly (I think) My default DSDT has 1 error, which I fixed using DSDT editor's 

"fix errors" button. This error comes up if I don't apply patches. then I applied the two patches, compiled, fixed errors and saved as EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml

This time I got closer. When I boot, it complains about either AppleIntelFrabufferCapri, failing to load since AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB has a class by the same name (or something like that) or about AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB failing to load since AppleIntelFrabufferCapri has a class by the same name. It keeps going for a while after that, getting further than before, and this time stopping after one of the AppleLMUController errors rather than in the middle of one. It hangs there, but if I press enter, three more AppleLMUController errors come up. If I close the laptop lid the screen goes off, but goes back on to the same thing.

here is my new dsdt. I can try and take another picture too.

If you have the DSDT in place and you're still getting the Capri "has a class by same name" then you likely have patched kexts installed. You cannot use patched kexts for "mixed" system (HD3K on 7-series) *and* patched kexts (for the same thing) as they will cancel each other out.

Make sure you have vanilla Intel graphics kexts.

• Like 1

Hmmm I might have used non-stock kexts to get the installer to boot...

could one of you guys post AppleIntelFrambufferCapri.kext and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext? I didn't back up the stock kexts...

Do a fresh install.

Sorry, for version 10.9.4. But I can do I fresh install, or maybe I'll take them from the mavericks install app

If you want to preserve your existing install, you can do a fresh install to another partition then install them from that partition to your main one (using Kext Wizard, etc).

Finally got around to doing a fresh install. I remade the install USB, but deleted AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext because I could not get it to boot to the installer. I installed and did not touch any kexts other than fakesmc and now I am getting "SNB Frambuffer did not show up, unload" on boot, still boots up but has no acceleration. Using the same config.plist and DSDT.aml. Tried changing SMBios to Mac Mini 5,1 and repairing permissions with kext utility.

Finally got around to doing a fresh install. I remade the install USB, but deleted AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext because I could not get it to boot to the installer. I installed and did not touch any kexts other than fakesmc and now I am getting "SNB Frambuffer did not show up, unload" on boot, still boots up but has no acceleration. Using the same config.plist and DSDT.aml. Tried changing SMBios to Mac Mini 5,1 and repairing permissions with kext utility.

If you deleted AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from the USB, then it is missing also from your final install...

Don't expect HD3000 to work without it.

can I copy it from a backup and then fix permissions? Also I can't get into the install without deleting it...

If you patched DSDT per post #12 and used it on your installer USB, you could...

But yes, you can restore the kext, repair permissions & rebuild cache, put patched DSDT in place and reboot.

There must still be something wrong with my dsdt then.  OK i'll look into that

EDIT: My stock DSDT has an error when I try to compile it, MaciASL won't let me compile it because of the error, but DSDT editor can fix it and then compile it, that is what I have been doing in the past. Is that possibly what is causing my problems?

EDIT 2: in fact, the DSDT that I am using reports no errors in DSDT editor, but 20 in MaciASL...

There must still be something wrong with my dsdt then.  OK i'll look into that

EDIT: My stock DSDT has an error when I try to compile it, MaciASL won't let me compile it because of the error, but DSDT editor can fix it and then compile it, that is what I have been doing in the past. Is that possibly what is causing my problems?

EDIT 2: in fact, the DSDT that I am using reports no errors in DSDT editor, but 20 in MaciASL...

No idea unless you post the DSDT. I don't believe in "auto fix" sort of features such as that in DSDT Editor. In general, automatic fixing of code is a bad idea.

Ya that makes sense, I would have used MaciASL but obviously I can't compile it and I don't know acpi so I can't fix it. This is my stock dsdt.aml (extracted using linux). The error is on line 6940, under "Device (WCAM) {..."

It looks like the only thing that DSDT editor does when I click fix errors is change the line from 

"Name (_PLD, Buffer (0x14) {..."

to 

"Name (_PLD, Package (0x14) {..."

also, the error is on line 6282 in dsdt editor (in case that is helpful, it is the same error though) It seems like MaciASL adds more comments so the lines are not the same

thanks again

dsdt.aml.zip

Ya that makes sense, I would have used MaciASL but obviously I can't compile it and I don't know acpi so I can't fix it. This is my stock dsdt.aml (extracted using linux). The error is on line 6940, under "Device (WCAM) {..."

It looks like the only thing that DSDT editor does when I click fix errors is change the line from 

"Name (_PLD, Buffer (0x14) {..."

to 

"Name (_PLD, Package (0x14) {..."

also, the error is on line 6282 in dsdt editor (in case that is helpful, it is the same error though) It seems like MaciASL adds more comments so the lines are not the same

thanks again

Apply: "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error" from my DSDT patch repo.

ok. I used your fixed and that worked, so then I did the patches in post #12, but I still cannot boot into the installer without deleting AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext

here is my dsdt.aml

DSDT looks correct.

As long as you place the DSDT.aml at /Extra/DSDT.aml on the USB, it will be used and you should be able to get into the OS X installer without removing kexts. Keep in mind that assumes stock AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is on the USB, has correct permissions, etc.

Note also that you could break the OS X installer case with incorrect settings in org.chameleon.Boot.plist or an incorrect smbios.plist for your hardware.

I was actually booting the USB from my normal Clover bootloader. With the DSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Should I install a bootloader on the USB or is it fine to use the Clover, which is installed on my hard drive?

I was actually booting the USB from my normal Clover bootloader. With the DSDT in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/. Should I install a bootloader on the USB or is it fine to use the Clover, which is installed on my hard drive?

It should work if the DSDT is at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml on the EFI partition on your HDD.

Assuming your config.plist settings are not interfering, and you have the kexts (eg. FakeSMC) you need in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9, and you are injecting those kexts when you boot (eg. config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Yes or config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect).

In other words, it should work, unless you're doing something else wrong...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

should it be Device (MEI), instead of Device (IMEI) ?

in

Device (IMEI)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)
                Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x03
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x3A, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"name", 
                        "pci8086,1c3a"
                    })
                }

I am trying to get QE/CI to work on Acer W700 iconia tablet with sandybridge and HD 3000, so far same problems as those reported above :-(

Details of my attempts and the specs of the tablet are in the Tablet thread Acer W700.

Any idea welcome.

Thanks.

It should work if the DSDT is at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml on the EFI partition on your HDD.

Assuming your config.plist settings are not interfering, and you have the kexts (eg. FakeSMC) you need in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9, and you are injecting those kexts when you boot (eg. config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Yes or config.plist/SystemParameters/InjectKexts=Detect).

In other words, it should work, unless you're doing something else wrong...