Startup hangs at either AppleKeystore or FakeSmcstore

og-phantom

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a working hack (see sig), trying to get a secondary hack up and running.  It's a i5-3570 on a Intel DH67CL.  With or without a custom DSDT, it hangs during boot up (either doing a usb stick install or booting a HD with Mac OS already on it) at either AppleKeyStore or FakeSmcStore.  It has a AMD 54xx in it.  I also tried with a 8800 GTS, same issue.  Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the custom DSDT (in decompiled dsl form)

DSDT.dsl.zip

Hi all, I have a working hack (see sig), trying to get a secondary hack up and running.  It's a i5-3570 on a Intel DH67CL.  With or without a custom DSDT, it hangs during boot up (either doing a usb stick install or booting a HD with Mac OS already on it) at either AppleKeyStore or FakeSmcStore.  It has a AMD 54xx in it.  I also tried with a 8800 GTS, same issue.  Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the custom DSDT (in decompiled dsl form)

What bootloader are you using? With this board, you need to drop OEM SSDTs (Chameleon: DropSSDT=Yes, Clover SSDT/DropOem=true). And if you're not using Clover, make sure you have NullCPUPowerManagement.kext installed for the setup process. Later you can implement native PM with patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

When booting with native DSDT and Clover (for installation), I place this small SSDT in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched, and DropOem (which drops all OEM SSDTs):

DefinitionBlock ("iASLDwUA5R.aml", "SSDT", 2, "INTEL ", "CPUx  ", 0x00000012)
{
    Scope (_PR)
    {
        Processor (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU4, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU5, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU6, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
        Processor (CPU7, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
    }
}
I don't know if you're familiar with my DSDT patch repo for this board: https://github.com/RehabMan/Intel-DH67XX-DSDT-Patch
  • Like 1

I will try that when I get home from work this evening.  I just downloaded clover to try that too.  I was using Chameleon (rev 2994 i think).

I did use your patches to the DSDT :-) Thanks for that! Since blowing away the windows install on the machine, didn't know how to grab the SSDT from it.  I will try what you posted and get back to you! TIA!

I will try that when I get home from work this evening.  I just downloaded clover to try that too.  I was using Chameleon (rev 2994 i think).

I did use your patches to the DSDT :-) Thanks for that! Since blowing away the windows install on the machine, didn't know how to grab the SSDT from it.  I will try what you posted and get back to you! TIA!

OK, I got the hack booting with clover.  I had everything working (had to put in the 8800GTS to get the gfx working), updated to 10.9.3 and the damn sound is no longer being detected (yes, I put back in the modded ALC892 HDA AppleHDA kext).  Any ideas on why the damn sound is no longer being detected?  Also, I have to figure out clover's config file. 

OK, I got the hack booting with clover.  I had everything working (had to put in the 8800GTS to get the gfx working), updated to 10.9.3 and the damn sound is no longer being detected (yes, I put back in the modded ALC892 HDA AppleHDA kext).  Any ideas on why the damn sound is no longer being detected?  Also, I have to figure out clover's config file.

AppleHDA ALC892 requires:

- IRQ Fixes in DSDT (my patches have this)

- layout-id injection in HDEF (my patches have this)

- patched AppleHDA installed (or Clover live patching with injector kext, which is what I use...)

Check ioreg to see if the expected layout-id is injected and whether AppleHDA is loading/etc.

• Like 1

AppleHDA ALC892 requires:

- IRQ Fixes in DSDT (my patches have this)

- layout-id injection in HDEF (my patches have this)

- patched AppleHDA installed (or Clover live patching with injector kext, which is what I use...)

Check ioreg to see if the expected layout-id is injected and whether AppleHDA is loading/etc.

Check on all the above.  It was a bizarre error.  No device would show up in the sound control applet, but it was showing up under the system info and in ioregexplorer.  I ended up removing the layout id in the dsdt and injecting layout id 1 via clover and installing toleda's 892hda kext.  I wonder why the other kext stopping working after the update? No other changes were made.  Strange, but it's all working now! Thanks for your help and your dsdt edits! Much appreciated! :-D

Just for reference;

This is the kext I was using that stopping working (after update from 10.9 to 10.9.3 and 10.9.4)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/147-applehda-for-realtek-alc892/

This is the kext I switched over to, along with clover id injection and removing the layout id from dsdt;

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/119-realtek-alc892-applehda-audio/