Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  

Sapphire Radeon R7 265 Dual-X 2GB GDDR5 256-bit

7 posts in this topic

6819 - same as HD7850

In this case it is supported. You have to correct info.plist of AMD*.kexts to add this DeviceID or use Clover's ability to make FakeID=0x68181002

See my signature about Clover.

I just bought the video card Saphire R7 265 and yes, the device id is 6819.

I have Mac OS X10.8.5 installed on my pc with myHack, the only way that worked on my old lga775 Supermicro c2sba motherboard. When I installed OSX I had a GTS250 video card that worked natively with "GraphicsEnabler=Yes".  I replaced the old gts250 video card with the new one r7 265 and boot up the sistem with "Graphicsenabler=No". Clover is only for EFI computers? Mine is old with normal bios. Please help, I don't know how to make it work, I dont know what kext I have to modify etc.

I have changed binaries in AMD7000Controller.kext like in Splice thread (Change 68181002 -> 68191002). Nothing happens. Same operation with AMDRadeonAccelerator. Result: white screen with mouse pointer visible. It seem it's doesn't working.

Later edit: I found the FBrotate trick and it works. Thanks!